• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visit to Churchy, Cailin Maith & Chrchy Maith

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to Churchy, Cailin Maith & Chrchy Maith

All 5 of the Brillos went up on Saturday - 600 mile round trip but very well worth it. Church Maith is a superb lad - gorgeous and very well tempered.

Afterwards it was off to Churchy Maith's first BNP meeting. There was the ceremonial shaving of the head and presentation of his first Dr Martens. We then marched the streets until we found a Frenchie and pelted them with onions.

Oh and we did discus Churchy's recent bannings. We concluded that his is so clever that he has trouble thinking down to the cuk level. It was decided that he should move to a forum where people are more mature and intelligent. So if anyone wants him he will be on the cbeebies forum.

HTH

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    All 5 of the Brillos went up on Saturday - 600 mile round trip but very well worth it. Church Maith is a superb lad - gorgeous and very well tempered.

Afterwards it was off to Churchy Maith's first BNP meeting. There was the ceremonial shaving of the head and presentation of his first Dr Martens. We then marched the streets until we found a Frenchie and pelted them with onions.

Oh and we did discus Churchy's recent bannings. We concluded that his is so clever that he has trouble thinking down to the cuk level. It was decided that he should move to a forum where people are more mature and intelligent. So if anyone wants him he will be on the cbeebies forum.

HTH
    Glad to hear the lad inherited CM's looks and your sunny temprament.

Comment

I nearly forget. I was holding baby BP upside down by his ankles when Churchy offered to do the same to me!

Not many people who can turn upside down a 6 feet tall, very wide, athletic bloke.

Would have been quite interesting to see if it would have taken him less than 5 seconds or if I would have lasted 10 - but I politely declined.

Comment

HTH
        Must get that from his mum then?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Are you sure that the BNP still wear DMs?

My wife commented at the weekend that no DMs are made in the UK anymore and they all come from Indonesia.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

My wife commented at the weekend that no DMs are made in the UK anymore and they all come from Indonesia.
            some are apparently - from wikipedia

On 1 April 2003, under pressure from declining sales, the Dr. Martens company ceased all production in the United Kingdom,[4] with production moved to China and Thailand. With this change also came the end of the company's vegan-friendly non-leather products, which were produced since the early 1990s. The switch to Chinese and Thai production led to Solovair and Tredair boots gaining popularity amongst the punk and skinhead subcultures, as these boots are similar to Dr. Martens and continue to be manufactured in the United Kingdom.

In 2007, Dr. Martens began producing some footwear again in England, in the Cobbs Lane Factory in Wollaston. These products are part of the "Vintage" line, which the company advertises as being made to the original specs.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              some are apparently - from wikipedia
              By the look of their website Some still but at twice the price of the other shoes.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Great stuff BP, was that for a Christening , or is that still to come ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  On 1 April 2003, under pressure from declining sales, the Dr. Martens company ceased all production in the United Kingdom,[4] with production moved to China and Thailand.

They were never the same after that and so I stopped buying them which was annoying because they used to work with just about every single item of clothing that I wore.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Sorry but I made that bit up!

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Great stuff BP, was that for a Christening , or is that still to come ?
                    No christening - not sure when that is lined up for. We did the round trip partly to drop off Mrs BP's mother at Lymm services (MrsBP's sister drove her the rest of the way hom to Llandudno) and partly to see the happy family.

Baby BP was incredibly well behaved - he usually frwaks in new situations but he felt at home. I think being offered chocolate helped alot!

Comment

Working...
                    X