• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to sell cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to sell cars

Looking to sell on our two cars which are getting on a bit and are too small. They both need a bit of work electric window not working and engine lights on.

What is the best way to sell them? Is it worth doing any work first? They're worth about 3 grand each.

I recently sold a car worth about £500 to a private buyer. Wanted rid of it quickly so I went through auction. I got scrap value - then found the new buyer was driving off without paying for petrol and collecting parking tickets!

Thing is £3k is a slightly higher range. I reckon try local papers or auto trader. auto trader worked for a friend recently selling a merc worth about £3k.

Here is my original thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-sell-car.html - some very good suggestions in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I recently sold a car worth about £500 to a private buyer. Wanted rid of it quickly so I went through auction. I got scrap value - then found the new buyer was driving off without paying for petrol and collecting parking tickets!

Thing is £3k is a slightly higher range. I reckon try local papers or auto trader. auto trader worked for a friend recently selling a merc worth about £3k.

Here is my original thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-sell-car.html - some very good suggestions in there.
      Thanks for the linky. Good ideas.

Comment

Pistonheads? Sold a VW Golf MK2 GTI with in 8 hours it being posted, I think it is still free?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I sold an old B-Reg Saab at auction a few years back, a month later was contacted by the police somewhere in Wales, cos some dodgy builder had been ripping people off and was driving my old car. Luckily I already had acknowledgment from the DVLA saying I was no longer the registered owner.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I buy any car. I'll give you £1000 for the pair!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              They're worth about 3 grand each.
              Without knowing any details at all I'd say they are not.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                I buy any car. I'll give you £1000 for the pair!!!!
                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MarillionFan again.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
                  It hurts me to say this but WAtWS.

What does autotrader say and knock 10% off.

As for how to sell if male car buyers would be interested Pistonheads. Otherwise your local paper and ebay.

Autotrader may work but last time I tried (two years ago up north) autotrader didn't get any response, ebay did.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
                    I'm very liberal with the word 'about'.

Comment

Working...
                    X