• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beeb lose Grand National

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beeb lose Grand National

So, the beeb lose yet another sporting event. Is this through choice (a la F1 which Sky covered more than successfully yesterday!) or lack of funds?

Where is license fee going? isnt it about time this is scrapped?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    So, the beeb lose yet another sporting event. Is this through choice (a la F1 which Sky covered more than successfully yesterday!) or lack of funds?

Where is license fee going? isnt it about time this is scrapped?
    Let it go to commercial free to air channels. The been should concentrate on delivering quality creative content, not just chuck money at events that would otherwise be shown anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Let it go to commercial free to air channels. The been should concentrate on delivering quality creative content, not just chuck money at events that would otherwise be shown anyway.
      WhatOldGregSaid. I tried to use initials but it went horribly wrong!

Plus I would like BBC, ITV, C4 & C5 to have a dedicated sports channel like sky does. I suppose for ITV, C4, C5 it is impossible - but surely possible for BBC?

Comment

C4 coverage of racing is much better than the Beeb's anyway, was daft them just trying to hold onto one show piece event, people get too hung up on sentiment
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          but surely possible for BBC?
          I doubt it, they are not willing to spend money on sport, hence why they have lost nearly everything in the last 5 yrs
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Well I'm not prepared to pay more for Sky. I watch Freeview and listen on the radio if I want live sports.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Well I'm not prepared to pay more for Sky. I watch Freeview and listen on the radio if I want live sports.
              At least you have the choice with Sky though....

Comment

Where is license fee going?
                Keeping 5000 people employed in HR
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Which bit of 'I'm not prepared to pay' do you not understand?

I can get everything I want either through Freeview or the odd DVD.

Which is considerably cheaper than Sky.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I doubt it, they are not willing to spend money on sport, hence why they have lost nearly everything in the last 5 yrs
                    I thought the Beebs 6 year license fee freeze and cost cutting program was common knowledge?

It's now in the 3rd year yet you sound surprised??
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X