• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media to provide free Wifi on the Underground.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Media to provide free Wifi on the Underground.

London Mayor Boris grilled on Virgin's Underground penetration ? The Register

If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Free WiFi on the tube!! Whooooo!!! This is going to make the 25 mins i spend on there (every week) fly by.....
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      Free WiFi on the tube!! Whooooo!!! This is going to make the 25 mins i spend on there (every week) fly by.....
      It's only on the station platform isn't it? It says a lot about what the delays are going to be like during the Olympics.

Comment

Love the article title. Sounds as if AtW's finally had a good seeing to.

Comment

and it's only for Virgin customers after an initial period, non-customers will have to pay! that's not going to get much cust for the 18min commute is it??

Will make it easier for wanna be terrorists to communicate and act tho...
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Oh no! Even more blobs left on the seats
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

that is EXCELLENT news for me as an existing Virgin broadband customer (maybe I can get a good deal on their mobile broadband), part of the underground journey I take in the mornings is overground and I get a connection. I thought that the only reason that they didn't do it is because of the terrorist threat with remote signals sent for detonation devices.

Well done Boris and Branson if they can pull it off. Is it Virgin exclusive though ?

Comment

Completely useless if it isn't on the actual train.

Saying that, I can't remember the last time I embarked on a sweaty, rat infested, toenail clipping'd tube train,
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Oh no! Even more blobs left on the seats
                  Looks like Boris and Branson pulled it off.

Comment

How they did it in Dubai:

Mobile & Wireless Photos: How Dubai’s driverless trains get their wi-fi : Dubai metro
                    (properly though, not a Poundshop station-only solution)

Comment

Working...
                    X