• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vexatious Litigants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vexatious Litigants

Who said the practice of law was dull:
    In his application this morning, Mr Covey took the course of stripping off his clothes and throwing water at one member of the court. He has subsequently made oral submissions to the court after giving an undertaking to behave. He has not repeated his misconduct. He has made submissions which have no relevance whatsoever to the issues before the court. However, someone has prepared on his behalf (or he has prepared himself) a detailed skeleton argument which the court has read.

Mr Justice Cocklecarrot not presiding: VEXATIOUS LITIGANT - ATTORNEY GENERAL v COVEY (COURT OF APPEAL)

"13. Mr Covey's submissions to this court this morning make it only too understandable why Lord Justice Buxton felt it necessary to make those remarks.

14. THE APPLICANT: Get me a jury and see what they say.

15. THE LORD CHIEF JUSTICE: His submissions so far as fact was concerned rest upon an assertion of no relevant evidence having been filed.

16. THE APPLICANT: A load of bollocks. "

Comment

A friend of mine once released a few rats in court. Hard to tell them from the lawyers though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        A friend of mine once released a few rats in court. Hard to tell them from the lawyers though.
        With a rat the load of bollocks come out the back.

Comment

Shouldn't this be tagged on to the end of the Kittycat thread?

I wondered when s/he would get their day in court

Comment

Working...
          X