• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV licence cheats make up a TENTH of all magistrate court cases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV licence cheats make up a TENTH of all magistrate court cases

And are treated more harshly than shoplifters, thugs and vandals, allegedly.

TV licence cheats make up a TENTH of all magistrate court cases | Mail Online

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    And are treated more harshly than shoplifters, thugs and vandals, allegedly.

TV licence cheats make up a TENTH of all magistrate court cases | Mail Online
    I got caught once and the inspector was a right tosser wanting to come in and check what I was watching (which I declined as it was obvious I had the telly on). Fortunately the gf I just moved in with had a direct debit setup from where she was living before - result:

Comment

Judging by the Daily Mail reader comments and their ratings, the BBC don't have a lot of sympathisers.

Comment

It's not a license, it's a tax.

And on these grounds I am out.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It's not a license, it's a tax.

And on these grounds I am out.
          Is that your last word on the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            I got caught once and the inspector was a right tosser wanting to come in and check what I was watching (which I declined as it was obvious I had the telly on). Fortunately the gf I just moved in with had a direct debit setup from where she was living before - result:
            Maybe you was watching a dvd you dont need a license to do that.....

Comment

The BBC licence enforcement officer's job market must be booming.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Maybe you was watching a dvd you dont need a license to do that.....
                I was too honest I guess and I did have that patio door open with the live football on so it was pretty obvious. Michael Moore did a TV Nation thing on people going to prison for watching telly (can't seem to find it on youtube).

Comment

Its a licence to own receiving equipment. Giving an unfair advantage to a government propaganda arm.

They can do you even if you have only sky and no aerial.

Freeview was a perfect opportunity to fix that, they could have scrambled the channels and charged for descramble. Plenty of time to sort it, just needed to specify CAM modules in all freeview boxes. Missed boat but they could still offer it belatedly.

This summer we could have gone subscription only and see how well their unique left wing programming survived. Would at least prove how popular BBC in minority language of some 13 hairy extremists choice was.

STOP wasting my money pursuing a private corporations debts.If they are that bad at selling a service they have to intimidate then they deserve to go bust.

I would seriously consider paying for a service if I didn't have to put up with bargain hunt!

Note I have always paid it because it was a legal requirement doesn't mean it was fair.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

if I didn't have to put up with bargain hunt!
                    Man after my own heart there! Why do wimmin watch these things?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X