• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Increadibly Comfortable/Uncomfortable Men's Suits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increadibly Comfortable/Uncomfortable Men's Suits

I don't know if anybody else finds suits normally very uncomfortable and itchy but I generally can't stand them. I have 2 summer Cerruti suits which are comfortable enough to wear on a daily basis but I can't seem to find a suit that is so comfortable to wear that I could go to sleep in it (which is my real aim).

Any ideas on what Suits I should be looking at? French Connection, Tailored?

Get down to Slaters Menswear in Manchester, just off the side of the Arndale. Get one of the older fellas to help with your suit not the younger ones. They have everything from a £100 one up to the high end. They will measure you properly, help you with advice and good prices. I have been using them for over 10 years and wouldn't buy anywhere else. They have everything from stuff worksuits to light Miami Vice type things and classic business to modern business suits.

If you can't find what you want there you seriously need shooting.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Get down to Slaters Menswear in Manchester, just off the side of the Arndale. Get one of the older fellas to help with your suit not the younger ones. They have everything from a £100 one up to the high end. They will measure you properly, help you with advice and good prices. I have been using them for over 10 years and wouldn't buy anywhere else. They have everything from stuff worksuits to light Miami Vice type things and classic business to modern business suits.

If you can't find what you want there you seriously need shooting.
      How comfy are the suits though? Could you go to bed in one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        How comfy are the suits though? Could you go to bed in one of them?
        What the **** is that about?

Just for the sake of answering such a dumb question I would say yes.

Either that or you want a suit like this...

Comment

What the **** is that about?

Just for the sake of answering such a dumb question I would say yes.

Either that or you want a suit like this...

I think I defo need one of those.......

Comment

+1 for Slaters, and they have a store in Bolton too which is quite good, though not quite as big as the manchester one.

If you can carry it off, then try a slim fit suit which look good and seem to be the in thing at the moment. Not really good for 'sleeping in' though, but it feels like every day is a fashion show for me at this place

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              +1 for Slaters, and they have a store in Bolton too which is quite good, though not quite as big as the manchester one.

If you can carry it off, then try a slim fit suit which look good and seem to be the in thing at the moment. Not really good for 'sleeping in' though, but it feels like every day is a fashion show for me at this place
              What place are you at currently? I will definitely give Slaters a try. I don't think a slim fit is a good idea for me I don't give into the fashion before function concept.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                What place are you at currently? I will definitely give Slaters a try. I don't think a slim fit is a good idea for me I don't give into the fashion before function concept.
                A suits function concept is not to be able to sleep in it....

Comment

Suits are for corporate ass lickers and middle manager pussies, did Steve Jobs wear a suit?

If a client rejected me based on whether I wear a suit or not then I wouldn't want to work there.

Comment

A suits function concept is not to be able to sleep in it....
                    touche. I mean to say if your in it for 9 or 10 hours a day then you might as well feel comfortable in it...... whereas a slim fit is most likely to feel very uncomfortable but could look good..... on the right person.

Comment

Working...
                    X