• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Question

I’m contemplating changing from Diesel to LPG. Annual mileage is around 20k to 30k. On the face of it, LPG looks a better option but there are hidden factors. LPG v Petrol ; petrol has a 1.2 power advantage, LPG v Diesel; Diesel has a 1.5 power advantage, LPG at 80p per litre then becomes the equivalent of 96p and £1,20 per litre. If running a 40mpg LPG is compared with a 60mpg diesel it actually makes the LPG slightly more expensive. Also there are certain restrictions on driving LPG in tunnels.
    Are any esteemed forum members running LPG? And what are their experiences?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I’m contemplating changing from Diesel to LPG. Annual mileage is around 20k to 30k. On the face of it, LPG looks a better option but there are hidden factors. LPG v Petrol ; petrol has a 1.2 power advantage, LPG v Diesel; Diesel has a 1.5 power advantage, LPG at 80p per litre then becomes the equivalent of 96p and £1,20 per litre. If running a 40mpg LPG is compared with a 60mpg diesel it actually makes the LPG slightly more expensive. Also there are certain restrictions on driving LPG in tunnels.
    Are any esteemed forum members running LPG? And what are their experiences?
    Here you go:

Look here

Comment

This is an IT contractor forum mate.

We all run 5 liter V8 petrol engines in our super cars.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

We all run 3.8 V6 twin-turbo petrol engines in our super cars.
        FTFY

Last edited by Scrag Meister; 21 March 2012, 12:08.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

We all run 5 liter V8 petrol engines in our super cars.
          All I here from owners of gas-guzzlers is how they can’t afford to drive them long distances due to the cost of fuel.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We all run 4.2 litre V8 diesel engines in our hoooge cars.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              All I here from poor owners of gas-guzzlers is how they can’t afford to drive them long distances due to the cost of fuel.
              FTFY

Charging the client 48p a mile more than pays for it.

I do feel sorry for the peeps who bought pre 2006 gas guzzlers, thinking they'd get away without paying more road tax, then the one eyed thief come and robbed them too. Where I live, lots of people are no walking, as they can't afford to fill up their 10 year old 15mph shoguns, and lots more car sharing taking their kids to school.

Only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                FTFY

Charging the client 48p a mile more than pays for it.

I do feel sorry for the peeps who bought pre 2006 gas guzzlers, thinking they'd get away without paying more road tax, then the one eyed thief come and robbed them too. Where I live, lots of people are no walking, as they can't afford to fill up their 10 year old 15mph shoguns, and lots more car sharing taking their kids to school.

Only going to get worse.
                I'm getting 28 mpg out of my 16 year LWB Shogun

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  I'm getting 28 mpg out of my 16 year LWB Shogun

HTH
                  Driven like a church mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                    Driven like a church mouse?
                    Like a woman....treated with the utmost respect and pampering and then the occasional damn good thrashing to see what she can do!

It's a diesel and nearly all the mileage is done on motorways on cruise

Think the 3.0 & 3.5 petrols get around the 15mpg mark - most common variants to have a LPG conversion
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X