• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New rule for small biz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rule for small biz

So lets say the new rule is in place that companies with turnover less than 77k will be taxed on turnover.

If I turnover 75k I will be taxed 20% i.e. 15k even if I had expenses of 30k whereas if I turnover 78k with 30k expenses I will only pay 9.6k??

Originally posted by russell View Post
    So lets say the new rule is in place that companies with turnover less than 77k will be taxed on turnover.

If I turnover 75k I will be taxed 20% i.e. 15k even if I had expenses of 30k whereas if I turnover 78k with 30k expenses I will only pay 9.6k??
    Only unincorporated businesses supposedly.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I also think they will not be registered for VAT

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I've seen this posted as well - would like to know the source.

Mrs Jog has just registered her LTD for new pilates business

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        I also think they will not be registered for VAT
        I'm taken over £77k by flat rate VAT! - I like my complicated accounting system thank you very much George..

I think we need to wait for the dust to settle and the accountants to get into the guts of it all, phrases like "subject to consultation" and words like "simplified" are too general and wooly IMO.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I think we need to wait for the dust to settle and the accountants to get into the guts of it all, phrases like "subject to consultation" and words like "simplified" are too general and wooly IMO.
          Indeed so people don't post the same question in two parts of the forum.. oh.. hang on...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Where does it say you'll be taxed the same CT rate?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Indeed so people don't post the same question in two parts of the forum.. oh.. hang on...
              I wanted a serious thread and a thread where it descended into pictures of tits.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Where does it say you'll be taxed the same CT rate?
                It doesn't I just made that assumption given he never said it would be different.

Comment

I wanted a serious thread and a thread where it descended into pictures of tits.
                  A perfect plan excuted perfectly then!

I can see tits in this thread already but guess that isn't what you mean. Where is K2P2 when she is needed.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Having read through the budget document it 'appears' to indicate it will be an 'option', rather like the VAT FRS.

But then again the whole thing will go out to consultancy, wherein the masses will demand anyone who earns more than them is punished by the tax regime.

We're screwed.

Comment

Working...
                    X