• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just threw a major hissy fit in the bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just threw a major hissy fit in the bank

Rarely use my credit card but last month was an exception, so a week after item purchase went online and paid the bill.

Then I get a text message, saying my credit card and been stopped as the bill had been not been paid, check my account, see the money had been returned, so I go into the bank and ask what went on, the guy takes me to a desk, makes a call, hands me the phone.

After a 10 minute call going round 4 complete idiots in India, I then got put onto hold for 15 minutes which what I was hoping to avoid by going into the bank in the first place.

Any guesses as to what bank I am talking about?

Problem was that when they sent me a new card I was exected to update the 'pay credit card' bit online with the new number, when I said "well I tried to pay the money in good faith can I think you should refund the charge" they done the "we do not have a procedure for this, put him on hold and answer a new call" number on me.

Ended up closing all my accounts (I doubt they really care) and then having to walk round town looking for a new bank at lunch time.

Too right! You take your overdraft elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      No. Any of them can give bad service at some point or another.

Was it one of the big 4?

You were definetly right to move accounts though. I have been with Citibank for 15 years and they have never messed me around once.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Rarely use my credit card but last month was an exception, so a week after item purchase went online and paid the bill.

Then I get a text message, saying my credit card and been stopped as the bill had been not been paid, check my account, see the money had been returned, so I go into the bank and ask what went on, the guy takes me to a desk, makes a call, hands me the phone.

After a 10 minute call going round 4 complete idiots in India, I then got put onto hold for 15 minutes which what I was hoping to avoid by going into the bank in the first place.

Problem was that when they sent me a new card I was exected to update the 'pay credit card' bit online with the new number, when I said "well I tried to pay the money in good faith can I think you should refund the charge" they done the "we do not have a procedure for this, put him on hold and answer a new call" number on me.

Ended up closing all my accounts (I doubt they really care) and then having to walk round town looking for a new bank at lunch time.
        Tough sh!t Jock!

Comment

Oh Suity. It could only happen to you. :
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Feckin banks.

Went to Italy on holiday. Used card, no issues. Driving back through Switzerland, went to draw out some money and it was refused and bank held card. Phoned some twats in India to be told that I hadn't informed them I was going to Switzerland. Luckily had wifes card for her account and we carried on. Could have properly ruined the holiday.

There's been other occassions when have transferred money on a Sunday afternoon for bills paid Monday. They haven't gone through by 8am, so we were charged for unofficial overdraft, despite seeing the money there on the screen. Apparently it can take up to 24 hours for an instant transfer.

I hate them. Hate them all.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              No. Any of them can give bad service at some point or another.

Was it one of the big 4?

You were definetly right to move accounts though. I have been with Citibank for 15 years and they have never messed me around once.
              Likewise first direct.

The thing is crap processes can occur anywhere and most users just accept them.

My friend used Swiftcover and had an accident when we were visiting. Being less stressed then she was I handled the report managing to record three fundamental bugs within the 10 minute call.

And swiftcover is not offshored. The architect (who was previously development manager) is however a grade 1 clueless muppet so I wasn't surprised.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Me
                The people who bemoan banker bashing need to remember that most people thought bankers were ***** before the financial crisis, and it's not because they receive large bonuses, because most of them don't. The simple fact is people think bankers are ***** because the banks and other financial services firms have a long history of behaving like ***** whenever and wherever they can get away with it.
                Like I said the other day. Organised legalised tosspottery.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Likewise (1)First (2)Direct.

The thing is(3), crap processes can occur anywhere.(4)(5) Most users just accept them.

My (6)friend used Swiftcover and had an accident when we were visiting. Being less stressed then (7)she was(8), I handled the report(9), managing to record three fundamental bugs within the 10 minute call.

And (10)Swiftcover is not offshored. The architect (who was previously (11)a development manager) (12)was however a grade (13)one clueless muppet so I wasn't surprised.
                  (1) Capital
                  (2) Capital
                  (3) Punctuation
                  (4) Punctuation
                  (5) End line, begin next
                  (6) Lie
                  (7) Fantasy women
                  (8) Punctuation
                  (9) Punctuation
                  (10) Capital
                  (11) Missing word
                  (12) Past tense
                  (13) Spellling not number

Eek. You are a f**king disgrace to the English language.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Eek. You are a f**king disgrace to the English language.
                    Not quite. My English is a disgraceful misuse of the English Language I'm just a disgrace to England.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X