• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 was much better under Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 was much better under Labour

Let's get this right, The PCG says vote Tory they have promised to look at IR35, taking (with a large leap of faith) that to mean they will scrap it. As a few pointed out at the time that sounded a weak and potentially disturbing lack of commitment.

They got elected and declared the wouldn't scrap it, infact they are now going to put together a compliance team to police it more efficiently.

We have a situation now that is worse than it was before. It's only fair.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 March 2012, 17:13.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

To be fair, the PCG know feck all about everything.

Comment

Yes but really can you say that someone whose sole product is their own knowledge and all of their income comes from long term contracts really anything other than a disguised employee.

If you were that good that you could earn £50-60k for a 1 day appeareance then you have a point but when you are only working for up to say £800 per day 5 days a week and really this is just another way of being employeed - it is not really running a company for any other reason than to dodge tax.

Comment

I hate tax dodging disguised employees.

Gives us small IT consultancies a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Let's get this right, The PCG says vote Tory they have promised to look at IR35, taking (with a large leap of faith) that to mean they will scrap it. As a few pointed out at the time that sounded a weak and potentially disturbing lack of commitment.

They got elected and declared the wouldn't scrap it, infact they are now going to put together a compliance team to police it more efficiently.

We have a situation now that is worse than it was before. It's only fair.
          What you need is a good accountant!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Meet the New Boss - Same as the Old Boss OR No matter who you cote for - the Government always gets in.

Take your pick - after all - its a free country - innit Guv ?

Comment

No taxation without representation. No employee benefits, no employee tax.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Is Dodgy on holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  What you need is a good accountant!!!

Agreed, but remember you aren't just laughing at me, there were 30 odd accountancy clients affected and loads more who invested in the currency scheme. One guy lost the proceeds of his house sale, which you must find hilarious.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Agreed, but remember you aren't just laughing at me, there were 30 odd accountancy clients affected and loads more who invested in the currency scheme. One guy lost the proceeds of his house sale, which you must find hilarious.
                    Personally I wouldn't laugh at you as you suffered from the incompetence of HMRC but for anyone who invested in that currency scheme
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X