• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the wagon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the wagon

I got deadlines , so I am on the wagon.

no beer for a week now, nearly.

It's playing havoc with my sleep patterns, but I dont mind that, I can grab a kip during the day and work evenings. Whats really worrying is the biological side effects, my head has stopped wobbling, and my wee has changed a funny colour. It's now clear and doesn't steam and smell like White Rhino p1ss

maybe I'll relent and have a few this weekend

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

It's playing havoc with my sleep patterns, but I dont mind that, I can grab a kip during the day and work evenings. Whats really worrying is the biological side effects, my head has stopped wobbling, and my wee has changed a funny colour. It's now clear and doesn't steam and smell like White Rhino p1ss

Aye EO

You might be interested to learn that due to a trauma with Alcohol when I was 14 - I cannot drink since then in the past 35 years I dont know what its like to be drunk - even funnier Im from the West of Scotland were drinking is seen as a virtue.

You dont miss what you dont know -it never crosses my mind to have a drink.

Seems like nasty stuff though .

Hope that Helps !

Comment

IMVHO, the symptoms you describe are common from alcohol withdrawal. Generally speaking, it’s best to cut down the booze slowly to allow the body to ‘re-adjust’. Many years ago when I attended the AA I made the mistake of going cold turkey and suffered vivid nightmares, night terrors, extreme hallucinations and the ‘shakes’ making sleep very difficult. Nowadays, I stick to weekend drinking which has many advantages; a more productive, hangover free week and more energy on a weekend.

Good luck on the wagon.
      one day at a time

Comment

Been off the drink since Sunday for one reason or another (just been busy) Tonight I shall be "on the lash" straight from work however....
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          Been off the drink since Sunday for one reason or another (just been busy) Tonight I shall be "on the lash" straight from work however....
          Friday night for me. Can’t slip back into old ways. Enjoy
          Last edited by oscarose; 22 March 2012, 14:47.
          one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I went for a few beers to the Catholic Club the other week and it took me 5 days to recover! I'm out of practice!

Comment

I found a few years ago that drinking was interfering with work

I don't miss work at all now...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                I went for a few beers to the Catholic Club the other week and it took me 5 days to recover! I'm out of practice!
                At £2/pint its no suprise you had a few!

As discussed last weekend, being almost teetotal does not sit well with being a catholic.

Comment

Since Feb 2011 I have had only 2 drinks. One when I could not get to bar to get an orange juice. And one to sample a friend's home brew.

Of course I am now in training for my iron man.....

Comment

I gave up drinking cold turkey style once before.

Worst 2 hours of my life that was.

Comment

Working...
                    X