• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So - Good Budget or Bad Budget?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So - Good Budget or Bad Budget?

Poll on its way.
    Practically perfect
    6.25%
    Very good
    3.13%
    OK
    18.75%
    Average
    12.50%
    A bit below par
    12.50%
    Pretty bad
    25.00%
    Couldn't be worse
    3.13%
    AndyW for PM
    18.75%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Haven't seen the details, but sucking up to doctors by sticking 40p or something on cigs seems rather pathetic
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Haven't seen the details, but sucking up to doctors by sticking 40p or something on cigs seems rather pathetic
      He just wants to make money.

Comment

Discouraging people from requiring expensive treatment at my expense seems eminently sensible to me.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Discouraging people from requiring expensive treatment at my expense seems eminently sensible to me.
          WHS.

Come on OH, stop putting those horrible things in your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Pricing people out of buying proper cigarettes, and forcing millions to switch to roll ups and dodgy sub-standard bootleg cigs doesn't seem a very sensible way to maintain public health, discourage organised crime, or maximize tax revenue.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Pricing people out of buying proper cigarettes, and forcing millions to switch to roll ups and dodgy sub-standard bootleg cigs doesn't seem a very sensible way to maintain public health, discourage organised crime, or maximize tax revenue.
              Who's forcing you to smoke? There are plenty of ways to be cured of your addiction.

Comment

I am concerned that not enough is being done for growth. Also note the lack of commitment to balancing the budget by end of this parliament - UK to lose AAA rating very soon?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am concerned that not enough is being done for growth. Also note the lack of commitment to balancing the budget by end of this parliament - UK to lose AAA rating very soon?
                  I'd line the ratings agencies up against the wall. They're like the Gartner Group, a waste of oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I'd line the ratings agencies up against the wall. They're like the Gartner Group, a waste of oxygen.
                    Well it is interesting that the USA is now AA but seems to have no trouble raising money and is still the world's reserve curreny.

BTW you know the supporters of equal rights for ratings agencies are never going to forgive you for that comment......

Comment

Working...
                    X