• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blatant begging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blatant begging

Plan B is looking for a round of funding for the next stage - if anyone is feeling generous please nip over to Projects - Bloom - Venture Catalyst and promise some cash to Broch.

The crowdfunding site is also owned by a friend of mine, so if you're looking for cash, it's worth a try.

/blag
    World's Best Martini

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Good luck with your Plan B - I'd recommend financing it yourself from your IT contractor earnings rather than hoping to raise money on site from people you never met. How far would £15k go anyway?
      Last edited by AtW; 23 March 2012, 11:31.

Comment

If you agree to sign over your wife and kids into debt bondage slavery I might consider it.

Is she any good at cooking BTW?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Have you tried?

www.lookingforgulliblemugs.com
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I'm tempted to register that. Any idea what projects we should promote on it apart from SKA?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
              Plan B is looking for a round of funding for the next stage - if anyone is feeling generous please nip over to Projects - Bloom - Venture Catalyst and promise some cash to Broch.

The crowdfunding site is also owned by a friend of mine, so if you're looking for cash, it's worth a try.

/blag
              Having read that site and previously looked at the website I still haven't got a clue what you are trying to offer / achieve.

And for that reason I'm out.

Edit to add

As for bloomvc are they properly registered with the FSA and everyone else. Comparing bloomvc with http://www.crowdcube.com/ I really think you mate may be in for a world of (legal) pain.
              Last edited by eek; 23 March 2012, 12:33.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Pitch:

This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to invest in something that promises to be a wonderful adventure and uniquely rewarding experience for me.
                I am looking to raise £10K in funds to finance an exotic holiday somewhere hot, where they serve cocktails all day and there are lots of scantily clad ladies.

Your investment will contribute towards a fortnight of me eating fine food, drinking all day and enjoying carnal pleasure with high class call girls.

Rewards:

Invest £20 and I will tell the guy driving to the airport that you're a top bloke.

Invest £50 and I will toast your health whilst I have a G+T in the Club Lounge at the airport.

Invest £100 and will drunkenly tell everyone in 1st class that you are a scholar and a gentleman, for an extra £20 investment I will cry whilst doing it.

Invest £500 and I will tell one of the hookers to call me by your name.

Whilst £1000 gets you the a copy of the video if I can be arsed to learn the local words for Talent Release Form

Don't hesitate and risk missing out on investing in something wonderful and that promises to give me loads of stories to tell when my mates when drunk.

(investments will not be returned if my wife says I can't go)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I'm tempted to register that. Any idea what projects we should promote on it apart from SKA?
                  How about an ethical recruitment agency?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    How about an ethical recruitment agency?
                    Now you are taking the piss.

Comment

Working...
                    X