• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote for Finland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for Finland

in the euro crap contest....

Must be the first song in 40 odd years that I've actually enjoyed...

Maybe next year the UK can have Lemmy & Motorhead doing the contest...

Now there's a thought.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    in the euro crap contest....

Must be the first song in 40 odd years that I've actually enjoyed...

Maybe next year the UK can have Lemmy & Motorhead doing the contest...

Now there's a thought.
    Were you in the group? I thought I have seen you there.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Finland, Finland, Finland, the place I long to be....

A poor second to Belgium, when going abroad...
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Well, as you may have guessed, I voted for Finland, as I think did the rest of Europe.

Why, well, I think it is a protest vote at the dreary love songs and plinky-plink music of recent years. People want to be entertained and they want their socks rocked off. The dont want to listen about some poor shepherd-boy from Armenia and his love for his goat, or some fat slag from France moaning about finding true love with her washing machine.

The people want to be rocked.

Rock on, pop pickers.

(Shame it wasn't heavier, ala Slayer, but I suppose soft rock is a good place to start in turning the norms over to the dark side.)
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Those Finnish guys did a good job, very well executed - not taking off masks all the time did it for me: certainly shows committment.

Comment

Oh my gawd! Thay won!!
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yep Europe have voted - for the country with satanic symbolism. Hmmm.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, I think you should read the Da Vinci Code - these symbols have nothing to do with Satan.

Comment

Didn't see it (good grief z, you mean you actually watched it?) it but excellent. Any group with a member dressed as a zombie is ok by me.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

As the voting began, my son and I sat down with an atlas and my rough knowledge of current politics, gained from this bulletin board, and we correctly predicted where two out of most country’s top three votes would go.

Comment

Working...
                    X