• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to move your money from overseas accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to move your money from overseas accounts

HMRC can barely disguise its glee at the legal victory it won at a hearing before the Special Commissioners in February.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4761851.stm

So let me see if I got this right...the HMRC won a case it brought in front of its own employees. Anyone see the problem here?

Maybe some of you supposedly high paid contractors should start to get a bit worried eh

Mailman

Oh dear.

In fact (as it says in the article) the European Savings Directive already means withholding tax is deducted.

Does anyone know of an offshore account which is still anonymous - it's just that a mate was interested ....

Comment

Offshore

I "hear" that the British Virgin Islands & Pananama are still options.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
        I "hear" that the British Virgin Islands & Pananama are still options.
        Should that be Pananananama?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          So let me see if I got this right...the HMRC won a case it brought in front of its own employees. Anyone see the problem here?
          No you didn't get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Should that be Pananananama?
            How about Panorama?

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
              How about Panorama?
              Or Bananarama? Much nicer. Dribble.

Comment

Keren Woodward.....hmmmmmm........nice lass.

I had the honour of making her numerous cups of tea when she recorded at a local music studio back in 1986, and I was learning to be a sound engineer.

Last edited by Board Game Geek; 22 May 2006, 01:53.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by jenever
                  Does anyone know of an offshore account which is still anonymous - it's just that a mate was interested ....
                  Use various methods that Milan says I can't tell you about.
                  hth
                  Last edited by Fleetwood; 22 May 2006, 07:06.
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

sorted

Milan.
                    Last edited by milanbenes; 22 May 2006, 07:09.

Comment

Working...
                    X