• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil/Petrol Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil/Petrol Prices

BBC News - Petrol prices hit another record high

Luckily my current role is walking distance from home but if I was filling up every week I would be getting seriously peed off right now....

Is history going to repeat itself with petrol prices preceeding a recession like a few years ago?

My question is how much longer and more can people be squeezed before the whole system comes to a crash again?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Luckily my current role is walking distance from home but if I was filling up every week I would be getting seriously peed off right now....

Is history going to repeat itself with petrol prices preceeding a recession like a few years ago?

My question is how much longer and more can people be squeezed before the whole system comes to a crash again?
    You can't block the refinery gates nowadays so I think protests would be a none starter.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

For those too young to remember: 1973 oil crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, specially for certain regulars: 1973 oil crisis - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

This is the first recession in which energy prices are rising. All previous recessions were overcome by falling energy prices thus increasing the affordability of goods and services.
        As long as Banks are allowed to gamble by betting on the price of oil, the recession will continue.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          This is the first recession in which energy prices are rising. All previous recessions were overcome by falling energy prices thus increasing the affordability of goods and services.
          As long as India and China keep on growing, oil prices will continue to rise.
          Fixed that for ya.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Good news - it will be easier to buy 5 liter petrol cars

Comment

second hand 4x4's and big petrol engine cars have dropped like a stone in terms of price. It would be good to discuss which car would be best value in terms of quality/age/performance.

Comment

second hand 4x4's and big petrol engine cars have dropped like a stone in terms of price. It would be good to discuss which car would be best value in terms of quality/age/performance.
                Twin BMW 7 series.

HTH

threaded

Comment

Set a maximum price. Some of us are (all be it highly paid) permies.

Comment

Cycled to work 3 times this week.

Still charged for the mileage though. :-)
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X