• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming for taxi to work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming for taxi to work

Dear all,

A friend (contractor) nearly broke his ankle yesterday. Looks like he will have to take a taxi to work all of next week. He was asking me if he can claim it as an expense from his business account? Thoughts anyone? (He usually takes a weekly season ticket - paid directly from business account)

-Bluedrop

I don't see a problem with it.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

cool...thanks Clare!

Comment

Yes no problem with that as long they are all valid business journeys which they are

Comment

Assuming they are within the 2 year rule, I don't see it being an issue though, if its needed for the business.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
          X