• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Typical public-sector service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical public-sector service

Welcome to the Companies House WebFiling service.

The Web-Filing Service is now closed

The service is available for the submission of data between 7am and midnight Monday to Saturday. (UK Time)

Why, why, why?!

It's a web service for Pete's sake. It doesn't belong to a union. It doesn't belong to a strict Sabbath-observing sect. But it's getting more sleep than I do!

Does it need downtime for backups, maintenance and all that stuff?

Comment

You might be right, but that's got to make it the most backed-up and maintained system in the world at 60% uptime. Bear in mind
      (1) as far as I can tell it's just a data entry portal. It doesn't have to do any calculations.
      (2) I'll bet they hosed millions into the pockets of EDS & co for it

Comment

Comedy. I thought e-business (I hate using that phrase) was 24/7 ?
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

It gets even better than that. It's only available Monday to Saturday 07:00 - 12 Midnight for data lookup as well!!

Comment

You would have thought they'd replicate it to a front end database that is online 24/7?

Then again that would represent a clue, which is against the principles of modern society.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Does it need downtime for backups, maintenance and all that stuff?
              tut tut, down time for all that, tut tut. some people don't know about real technology
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I've had this recently with the AA insurance website that lets you order a replacement certificate, but is only available during office hours.

Perhaps they have a person sat at a computer personally answering each web request?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                  Perhaps they have a person sat at a computer personally answering each web request?
                  By Occam's rasor, I feel you must be correct.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Thats just poor ******* design.

Comment

Working...
                    X