• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get Paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Paid

Hi,

I've been paid by my clientco for the first time.

Could I just take some money out and organise the share dividend paper work next week.

I've never done this before so I don't just want to take Money if it's the wrong thing to do! Ordinarily I would ask my accountant but its the weekend and skint.

Cheers for any help

You should really have been on top of it knowing how much you have invoiced, but Divis can only be taken from profit remember so make sure you are well under, only take what you need to get through weekend basically, and then you can declare a Divi on monday, or just class it as a loan and pay back from your full Divi.

Speak with your accountant next week to make him\her aware of what you have done!
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Where's NLUK?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Where's NLUK?
        Still reading the full budget report for the 2nd time?
        There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Where's NLUK?
          I dont need NLUK in here!!

I just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing a super bad thing.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
            I dont need NLUK in here!!

I just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing a super bad thing.

thanks.
            How come it wasn't sorted? Surely it takes longer so sort the bank account than to put the PAYE/Divs in place?

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post
              Still reading the full budget report for the 2nd time?
              Big assumption on the reading front...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Big assumption on the reading front...
                They do a picture version don't they?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
                  Hi,

I've been paid by my clientco for the first time.

Could I just take some money out and organise the share dividend paper work next week.

I've never done this before so I don't just want to take Money if it's the wrong thing to do! Ordinarily I would ask my accountant but its the weekend and skint.

Cheers for any help
                  It's your money. Do what you want with it. There is nothing wrong with taking cash and declaring a dividend after the fact. A dividend taken without sufficient money to meet your liabilities is classed as illegal but who on earth is really going to know. Just make sure you do have enough to pay your tax etc ...

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                    It's your money. Do what you want with it.
                    This is so wrong it's untrue, it belongs to this OP's Ltd, a legally separate body.

Comment

Working...
                    X