• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown will cheer on England in World Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown will cheer on England in World Cup

As reported today, despite his demonstrable past hatred of the England footy team.

I wonder why the complete change of heart?

He's discovered they all have (newly taxable) offshore accounts?

Comment

Are his trips a taxable benefit?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        As reported today, despite his demonstrable past hatred of the England footy team.

I wonder why the complete change of heart?
        It's obviously a cynical ploy to win hearts and minds as a positions himself in the final straight towards leadership. I'm no Blairite but when Blair came to power he managed to connect with the voter. Brown is a long way of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
          It's obviously a cynical ploy to win hearts and minds as a positions himself in the final straight towards leadership.
          Yes. This new, happy, "I love you all" Gordon is so transparent it is laughable.

Comment

Not a big footie fan but I think GB is damned if he does/damned if he doesn't in this case. He can't say he wants England to fail for obvious reasons, but if he says he wants them to do well, he'll get reminded of whatever he said in the past.

Don't want to feel TOO sorry for him, but he's in a no-win here.

Comment

Well my heart bleeds purple p1ss for gordo

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X