• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who thinks up these names for energy drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who thinks up these names for energy drinks?

I was in makro today, WTF...

I'm really shocked by that.....................

A contractor, in Makro.... WTF???

Comment

What's wrong with Macro?

Successful people don't waste money.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Checks watch: still a week to go.

Pussy » Natural Energy

Created by an English company according to the Wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          What's wrong with Macro?
          tbh, I've never been in one. I don't even know of any near me, but don't they just do cheap old tat??.... My only knowledge of them was watching The Apprentice when they bought 3 tons of cheese for about £6.38 there.

Comment

I was in makro to get a bunch of 84l "really useful boxes" for storage and some beer for tomorrow's football. Big fan of the relentless drinks for running so was down that way.

They do sell 20 pound packs of grated cheese and the like being a cash and carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
              tbh, I've never been in one. I don't even know of any near me, but don't they just do cheap old tat??.... My only knowledge of them was watching The Apprentice when they bought 3 tons of cheese for about £6.38 there.
              Not tat, they sell the same stuff as everywhere else but bigger or in larger quantities though I find supermarket special offers are usually cheaper.

I hardly ever go there but I did get a catering size bottle of Tabasco and Call of Duty MW2 for £20 on release day.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                You wont just go in one as they are members only, so you'd have to join first. Though this just means proving you have your own company, so pretty simple for us.

And no they dont have old tat, they have cheap branded products in bulk. I have the Makro mail next to my desk, they have

180 Finish Classic powerball for £10.99 + vat

48 Charmin / Cushelle £12.00 + vat

24 Aqua Pura 500ml £2.99 + vat

Theres loads of stuff in there in fact you can check it out yourself here:-

Makro United Kingdom - MM07 Food England, Ireland & Wales - Online catalogue MAKRO Cash & Carry UK

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I was in makro today, WTF...

I drink it very occasionally as they sell it in Itsu. It's tricky taking it back to your desk at lunchtime though. It's quite nice.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    I drink it very occasionally as they sell it in Itsu. It's tricky taking it back to your desk at lunchtime though. It's quite nice.
                    Why would it be tricky? If anyone says anything (especially women) just look completely innocent and say "Whats wrong its just named after a cat?" They'll just walk off looking embarrassed.

Comment

Working...
                    X