• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Prix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Prix

Watching it on Sky HD recorded, after old firm, watched F1 years ago when it was Hill etc. It's great to see it's just as exciting now, watching them standing about as it pisses down.

You'll be disappointed. Team orders ruined the 'race'.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      You'll be disappointed. Team orders ruined the 'race'.
      What team orders, I didn't hear that on BBC.

What do people think of the BBC highlights packages? I'm pleasantly surprised... they basically show the whole race and all of Q3, and when the race stops for nearly an hour they cut it out.

I'm more upset by the new commentator than the change in format. He talks too much... how come he's taking the lead as the new boy, rather than Cooltard?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What team orders, I didn't hear that on BBC.
        5 laps to go, Perez in the Sauber-Ferrari is a second a lap quicker than Alonso in the Ferrari, and right up his arse preparing to overtake on DRS.

At that point he was told on the radio "Don't take a risk, we need second place" (there wasn't a risk). So a few seconds later he ran wide at a corner to lose a couple of seconds, then held station to the end.

P1ssed me off.

It's only a coincidence that Perez's team are getting their engines from Ferrari.
        Last edited by Doggy Styles; 26 March 2012, 09:40.

Comment

Nobody would go off like that on purpose (if they want to finish in 2nd), it's far more risky. He wouldn't need to manufacture it either, he could just tailgate Alonso and claim he couldn't find a safe overtake - which they are allowed to tell him to do.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Nobody would go off like that on purpose (if they want to finish in 2nd), it's far more risky. He wouldn't need to manufacture it either, he could just tailgate Alonso and claim he couldn't find a safe overtake - which they are allowed to tell him to do.
            No, he was very careful and simply drove off the track where there was a good run-off area. It looked manufactured to me.

I'm not sure if having the same engine supplier allows you to use team orders but, even if allowed, people don't like it. There is also a lot of talk about Perez replacing Massa at Ferrari, so he may as well get used to not being allowed to overtake Alonso.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              No, he was very careful and simply drove off the track where there was a good run-off area. It looked manufactured to me.

I'm not sure if having the same engine supplier allows you to use team orders but, even if allowed, people don't like it. There is also a lot of talk about Perez replacing Massa at Ferrari, so he may as well get used to not being allowed to overtake Alonso.
              A lot of cars got caught out there, very easy to lose front end grip and wash wide at that corner when following a car so closely. Whilst it looked odd, and a bit iffy, I think it wasn't planned. However, having said that, it would be a believeable area to go wide, and a safe one too...

Who knows, very odd given just how much faster he was, and how short of money and sponsors Sauber are right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                ...However, having said that, it would be a believeable area to go wide, and a safe one too...

Who knows, very odd given just how much faster he was, and how short of money and sponsors Sauber are right now...
                WZMS, especially coming 30 seconds after he was told to back off. In the position he was in before he went wide he couldn't help but overtake Alonso, and to not do so would have looked strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

WZS
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    WZMS, especially coming 30 seconds after he was told to back off. In the position he was in before he went wide he couldn't help but overtake Alonso, and to not do so would have looked strange.
                    He wasn't told to back off, and his off wasn't 30 seconds after he was told to "be careful". Second place means an awful lot to a team like Sauber, and especially with their struggles with sponsorship. That could be millions of pounds at the end of the year, so some calming words to an excited young driver would be pretty sensible. I've always thought of myself as kind of cynical, but the fact that lots of people seem to be able to look at that race result and see team orders makes me realise I'm in fact quite balanced and well-adjusted.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X