• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reupholstery cost reasonable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reupholstery cost reasonable?

I have a sofabed bought in 1999 for about £1000 that's showing wear. I have an estimate for reupholstery of about £1100. (£650 recovering labour, £360 worth of fabric at £30 per square metre, plus £45 each to refill two seat cushions.)

Is this reasonable (for London near City) or should I look around?

I can buy an almost identical sofabed new from the same place as the original for about £1500.

I don't think sofa themed threads are popular on here mate.

My advice - order new one now, you'll get it in 2019.

Comment

Like most things in life it is
      more expensive to keep doing things up than replacing them.

Sofas, tables and chairs, cars, women.

The second they start to sag, don't operate as well as they used to and start to become costly to maintain best to get rid and replace.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Like most things in life it is
        more expensive to keep doing things up than replacing them.

Sofas, tables and chairs, cars, women.

The second they start to sag, don't operate as well as they used to and start to become costly to maintain best to get rid and replace.
        Sorry love. I won't be taking you back in so best move on.

Comment

Why not cover it in a nice big sheet, it would only cost a few pounds and might look elegant and stylishly fashionable. Would keep the dust off too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Why not cover it in a nice big sheet, it would only cost a few pounds and might look elegant and stylishly fashionable. Would keep the dust off too.
            I hope you're not French.

Comment

Working...
            X