• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish temperature record for March - English blamed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish temperature record for March - English blamed

BBC News - Spring sunshine sets Scottish temperature record for March

"Fyvie Castle, in Aberdeenshire, recorded a temperature of 2.8C shortly after 15:30, edging past the previous high of 2.2C."

"This had been set in March 1957 at Gordon Castle, in Moray, and again at Strachan, in Kincardineshire, in 1965."

"23 year old Donald McHaggis's reaction was typical. "This global warming is all the fault of the English. Once we declare war on the saccenachs we will stop being a miserable bunch of gits". He then broke off briefly from eating a deep fried mars bar and drinking whisky to enable the nurse to adjust his heart monitors in preparation for his quadruple bypass."

IF you want a fight about this I will see you on the M8, not giving you my house number or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      IF you want a fight about this I will see you on the M8, not giving you my house number or anything.
      I will see you at 8:30am tomorrow. Just wait in the outside lane for me.

Comment

If facebook statuses represent the general view, my Scottish friends and relatives aren't complaining.

Comment

2.8C?! Being a Scot, won't you get heatstroke if you start trying to fight in that weather?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            If facebook statuses represent the general view, my Scottish friends and relatives aren't complaining.
            Extrapolation is dangerous. Imagine you are not pregnant one day and pregnant the next. After 365 days you will be carrying 365 babies.

A friend went to Scotland recently and someone overheard his accent in a pub. A bloke came over to tell him how much he hated the English, and how he is a teacher and teaches all his kids to hate the English too! Straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              2.8C?! Being a Scot, won't you get heatstroke if you start trying to fight in that weather?
              They would be too drunk to notice.

BTW did you hear about the Scot who came down to Euston and lost all his luggage. The cork fell out of the bottle.

Comment

Summer in Scotland can be fantastic, never that warm but you can get good light up till 11 and will only be dark for a couple of hours. Just a shame the place is a complete tulip hole filled with idiots who are plunged into darkness for months and months on end.

But in the summer I tell yee..

Comment

M8? Don't be ridiculous. Everybody knows motorways only go up to 6.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    A friend went to Scotland recently and someone overheard his accent in a pub. A bloke came over to tell him how much he hated the English, and how he is a teacher and teaches all his kids to hate the English too! Straight up.
                    So you have friend that was pissed and told you a story...

Comment

Working...
                    X