• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron taking a few hits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron taking a few hits

Labour demands to know who bought access to No 10 - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Now cash for access. I think this is going to be quite bad.

Then again, if someone donates 250K to the conservative party and then receives a dinner invite, from a legal perspective is their anything wrong with that?

The Yanks call it lobbying I believe, and it seems to be legal there, and for all intents and purposes its the same as bribery, just organized and legislated.

Cruddas,that I cannot believe anybody woudl be that stupid unless he actually intended to implicate the PM in this scandal.

Take a seat and grab some popcorn, this may get interesting
    Last edited by sunnysan; 26 March 2012, 06:35.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Labour demands to know who bought access to No 10 - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Then again, if someone donates 250K to the conservative party and then receives a dinner invite, from a legal perspective is their anything wrong with that?

The Yanks call it lobbying I believe, and it seems to be legal there, and for all intents and purposes its the same as bribery, just organized and legislated.

Cruddas is a a total moron, so much so that I cannot believe anybody woudl be that stupid unless he actually knew what he was doing.

But I thought that nice Mr Cameron was going to clean up politics.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

Cruddas is a a total moron, so much so that I cannot believe anybody woudl be that stupid unless he actually knew what he was doing.

If the 50p top rate tax was changed because the Tory party got a donation then yes.

Looking forward to seeing who these 'friends' were.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        But I thought that nice Mr Cameron was going to clean up politics.
        'Clean up' as in 'make a packet'.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I was hoping this thread was going to be a video of DC stepping into the boxing ring with Churchy.

And those of you who think that Churchy would lick DC in the ring need their medication increased.

Comment

Cameron should immediately resign and call elections. They won elections because of such illegal tactics.

New elections will prove that Labour is the only hope for this country.

Gordon Brown will be back !!
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

This needs to be treated using the anti bribery laws. It needs to be followed all the way up the tree and everyone involved needs to serve jail time for it.

This government signed in legislation that effectively prevents the giving of gifts for favour and to be found begging 250k for access is a disgrace.

It shouldn't be restricted to the conservatives either. That twat ED needs hauling over the coals for being found swanning round in a rolls while too ill to be at an NHS rally...

The whole of politics needs its head lopping off.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I was hoping this thread was going to be a video of DC stepping into the boxing ring with Churchy.

And those of you who think that Churchy would lick DC in the ring need their medication increased.
                Are you on drugs?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Are you on drugs?
                  Yes. Why? Do you want some? Uppers, downers, lefters or righters?

BP.
                  PS My councellor says to say hi to you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Yes. Why? Do you want some? Uppers, downers, lefters or righters?

BP.
                    PS My pusher says to say hi to you.
                    ftfy

Personally I think it's more ammunition towards the fight to get the tax payer to fund the Political Parties.

Which I hasten to add, I don't want.

Comment

Working...
                    X