• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accident statistics - Melton not a safe place to live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accident statistics - Melton not a safe place to live

Melton is revealed as accidental death capital of England

The home of the pork pie is hiding a dark secret. Despite its rural charm and world-famous food, Melton has been revealed to be the unluckiest place to live in England.

The borough in Leicestershire, where Melton Mowbray pies have been produced since the 19th century, has the highest concentration of accidental death, according to figures out today.
    Melton also had the most number of years of life lost annually, at 95.6 per 10,000 people compared with 10 per 10,000 in Surrey Heath.

Residents were baffled by the high death rates. "Nothing much really goes on here apart from pork pies and Stilton cheese," said Malise Graham
    Is it the combination of cheese and pies?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

I thought the worse place to live was Midsommer?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sounds like the village in Hot Fuzz, probably the local neighbourhood watch enthusiasts.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Based on the last time I went to Melton, I would have expected it to be the suicide capital of England. What a dump!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Based on the last time I went to Melton, I would have expected it to be the suicide capital of England. What a dump!
          You mean it's worse than Swindon?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            It's only the pork pies that keep them going

Comment

Working...
            X