• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you drink more if your marital status was different?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you drink more if your marital status was different?

It's been a perfect storm of a day. Early meeting, clocks going forward, having to take the slow train, baby awake all night all leave me tired.

The man in the train shop is making an announcement of a wide variety of alcoholic drinks.

If I were a single man I'd be knocking back plenty of strong lager but as it is that might lead to domestic unpleasantness.

So do esteemed posters drink more or less because you're in a relationship? If you're single would marriage restrain your intake or drive you to drink?
    Being in relationship makes me drink more.
    28.57%
    Being in relationship makes me drink less.
    28.57%
    Being single makes me drink more.
    14.29%
    Being single means I drink less.
    0.00%
    I only drink AndyW's love juice from his mum's furry cup.
    28.57%

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's been a perfect storm of a day. Early meeting, clocks going forward, having to take the slow train, baby awake all night all leave me tired.
    Single status might have meant you weren't so tired and stressed today!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

The man in the train shop is making an announcement of a wide variety of alcoholic drinks.

If I were a single man I'd be knocking back plenty of strong lager but as it is that might lead to domestic unpleasantness.

So do esteemed posters drink more or less because you're in a relationship? If you're single would marriage restrain your intake or drive you to drink?
      Nah! I drink more because I'm married. Started at 8 this morning. Hic.

EternalOptimist.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Single status might have meant you weren't so tired and stressed today!
        I would have been up drinking until 5 a.m.

Comment

I thought generally single me are more stressed(*) so drink more?

* based on a random sample of 1 and extrapolated out to global population in usual cuk style.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I thought generally single me are more stressed(*) so drink more?

* based on a random sample of 1 and extrapolated out to global population in usual cuk style.
            BTW the random sample of 1 was Churchill - he originally said he was more stressed until CM told him to change his mind.

Comment

I've found being pissed every night and not sleeping properly makes me more vulnerable to stress. These days I'll do some exercise, eat something healthy and get an early night.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I drive my wife to drink. She drives me back.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So do esteemed posters drink more or less because you're in a relationship?
                  I do more of what I want because Im not in a relationship. Freedom, its priceless.

Comment

Dunno.

Probably drink too much, but don't that often get proper drunk. When I do get drunk it's usually with my friends. So if I was single I'd probably be out more and therefore drinking more.
                    Dunno whether I'd do the habitual bottle of wine in the evening though.

Comment

Working...
                    X