• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Strike

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...trike-yes.html

You're fooking kidding right?

Right, that's it. I'm taking down the Unite website.

Anonymouse
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Why can't they wait until the Olympics starts like everyone else?

Comment

Unite the Union - Britain's biggest union

b here we come.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Right on cue, the press starts a panic causing every twunt who usually drives around with a fivers worth of fuel wetting the tank to fill up 'just in case'.

Comment

Perhaps national Unions should be made as illegal as it is for companies to agree to set salary rates for employees.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            Right on cue, the press starts a panic causing every twunt who usually drives around with a fivers worth of fuel wetting the tank to fill up 'just in case'.
            Which is why I went at 5pm tonight to fill up. Then I will go every time I have done more than 50 miles and there is a free station.

Comment

It is about pay, terms and conditions no matter how much they say its not. They're tying to make this a closed shop like the railways so they the drivers can't get replaced when they becoming too demanding. The whole "minimum standards" thing is just a thinly veiled attempt to make it harder for people to enter the industry.

Oh well. Luckily I'm qualified to drive a petrol tanker. Shame I'm in a contract as I can see some good rates to be a strike breaking scab coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                Er, that's me that is. I must fill up tomoz

Comment

Er indoors was urging me to panic buy. I refuse. I am walking to clientco this week anyway due to good weather. I have enough fuel to go home at the end of the week - then we'll see what the lie of the land is. If things are so bad I can't get any more fuel, there will be much more serious and deserving cases than me.

How exactly is it that bosses' pay and conditions can be increased continually on the spurious and dubious grounds of "getting the best" but more everyday workers have to put up with decline in pay and conditions all the time - and when they try to do something about it they are seen as evil in some way? Ah yes, it's because the bosses have the biggest closed shop of all.

Comment

Since the price only seems to go one way even when there isn't a strike, why don't you land owners buy plenty of diesel while it's still cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X