• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling mobiles abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling mobiles abroad

Anyone know of a cheap way to call a mobile abroad from a land line in the UK?

MoneySavingsExpert recommend the following and says it works for calling mobiles, but I can't see any instructions of how to call a mobile number from with the operators web pages that come up.
    Cheap calls to Spain Mobiles via a Virgin line from 5.9p/min | International Call Checker

I don't want to sign up to anything, just dial and go.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

MoneySavingsExpert recommend the following and says it works for calling mobiles, but I can't see any instructions of how to call a mobile number from with the operators web pages that come up.
    Cheap calls to Spain Mobiles via a Virgin line from 5.9p/min | International Call Checker

use something like: DialAbroad UK - Cheap international calls from UK - call from any landline or mobile

They give you an access number which is fixed at a few pence per minute

and seriously, first pound world and now low cost calls.... this is a contractors forum!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      and seriously, first pound world and now low cost calls.... this is a contractors forum!
      WHS^2

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        use something like: DialAbroad UK - Cheap international calls from UK - call from any landline or mobile

They give you an access number which is fixed at a few pence per minute

Thanks, but does it allow calling a mobile abroad from a landline in the UK? I can see it allows calls to landlines abroad from a land line or mobile here in the UK, but that isn't the original specification.

Comment

Thanks, but does it allow calling a mobile abroad from a landline in the UK? I can see it allows calls to landlines abroad from a land line or mobile here in the UK, but that isn't the original specification.
          FFS, click on list of countries then choose the country from list to see mobile call rates -

Rates for cheap international calls and other information

Example - Cheap calls to New Zealand from UK with DialAbroad the home of cheap international calls to New Zealand from a landline or mobile with DialAbroad

Neg rep signed by MF is incoming

Comment

Call Happy - cheap international calls - Home
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

18866 and 18185

5p a min to Russian Mobile

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                FFS, click on list of countries then choose the country from list to see mobile call rates -

Rates for cheap international calls and other information

Example - Cheap calls to New Zealand from UK with DialAbroad the home of cheap international calls to New Zealand from a landline or mobile with DialAbroad

Neg rep signed by MF is incoming
                Oh yeah, Der.

Comment

Do mobile phone companies still get away with charging the foreign receiver of a call extortionate amounts of money?

Comment

Have you tried it?
                    Probably not otherwise you would know the answer
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X