• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Treasury forecasters rely on odds calculated by William Hill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treasury forecasters rely on odds calculated by William Hill

Will euro last? Let’s see what William Hill says - Telegraph

Maybe they should try something more scientific like ouija boards?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I think that they could do a lot worse than ask William Hill!

Although most of the bookies' work is just making the market and taking their cut, for speciality bets - which William Hill have a long track record of taking, they do have to have done their homework or it could be very costly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

William Hill have an army of statisticians and mathematicians working out the odds or they'd go bust, you cretin.
      Quite smart using their employees without contributing to their salaries, I'd say.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        William Hill have an army of statisticians and mathematicians working out the odds or they'd go bust, you cretin.
        Quite smart using their employees without contributing to their salaries, I'd say.
        Welcome back sas! I have missed you! No-one calls me a cretin quite like you do.

Anyway, before I start the fawning posts, could you tell me if you think its a good idea to put national statristics generation in the private sector? It only takes a few stupid individuals to make some strange bets, skew the odds and wreck national forecasting.

Surely you don't believe that any market is perfect?

Comment

Working...
        X