• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring on the chocolate diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring on the chocolate diet

oh yeah!

here

This will add an interesting slant to the CUK fat club (c:

"It found those who ate chocolate a few times a week were, on average, slimmer than those who ate it occasionally."

Good to see them use exact scientific terms like "few". That has explained that then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      "It found those who ate chocolate a few times a week were, on average, slimmer than those who ate it occasionally."

Good to see them use exact scientific terms like "few". That has explained that then.
      A "few times a week" and "occasionally" are the same thing surely?

Comment

I think it may come down to quality and also the amount of antioxidant compounds, catechins in said chocolate. In the mass produced gunk you get these days is probably negligible.

I'm sure there are people out there who will use it an an excuse to stuff their faces and wonder why they aren't getting any thinner
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I think it may come down to quality and also the amount of antioxidant compounds, catechins in said chocolate. In the mass produced gunk you get these days is probably negligible.

I'm sure there are people out there who will use it an an excuse to stuff their faces and wonder why they aren't getting any thinner
          Interestingly the article says nothing about chocolate quality (though it suggests dark chocolate is better). But quantity unimportant :-

"And it appears it is how often you eat chocolate that is important, rather than how much of it you eat. The study found no link with quantity consumed."

Comment

Interestingly the article says nothing about chocolate quality (though it suggests dark chocolate is better). But quantity unimportant :-

"And it appears it is how often you eat chocolate that is important, rather than how much of it you eat. The study found no link with quantity consumed."
            actually the biggest chocolate consumer that I've ever known didn't carry an ounce of fat, but he was a tree-surgeon and a landscaper which I think has more of a bearing

If you sit, like many of us, polishing the arse of your trousers all day, it's likely that you will put on a few pounds...

Comment

... or is this a euphamism for sex?

not how much but how often? dark is best?

the mind boggles

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

The word "occasionally" does not to me mean "a few times a week", it means that whoever is eating knows when to stop! Unlike some lardy fat bastards!

Comment

Working...
                X