• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the Day

SC Cleared too! £150 a day!!

Technical consultant ( Oracle and SQL)
    Leeds, United Kingdom, £150 - £160 per Day
    Contract

Job description

Operating Systems - Expert in Unix based systems . Preferably technical architect or sys admin for Solaris/Linux solution and experience building, configuring and running an enterprise solution.

Databases - Oracle and SQL Server. 4 or more years commercial development or support experience.

Network - In depth network experience, preferably Cisco certified.

Development - 4 or more years commercial development in one or more of the following language Java, C, C++, C#, Perl or Python.

Experience of very large IT projects.

Security clearance - Must be security cleared or eligible for security clearance .

Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
    Industry
    IT
    Duration
    6 months
    Rate
    £150 - £160 per Day
    Company
    Blackapple Solutions Ltd
    Contact
    ratish
    Email
    Contact This Company
    Reference
    JS -TECHNICAL CONSULTANT ( ORACLE AND SQL)- LEEDS
    Posted Date
    27/03/2012 11:18:16
    Technical consultant ( Oracle and SQL) job - Leeds United Kingdom - March-27-2012 (CxK0g)

Also wanted, the Moon on a Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      Also wanted, the Moon on a Stick...
      Full moon or half moon?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Full moon or half moon?
        One of each please

Comment

Blackapple, Silverlink et al....

These Indian companies don't actually want you to apply, that is why the rate is so low. They simply advertise stupid rates so that when they don't get a response, they can run to their intellectually challenged buddy Vince Cable and beg for a few hundred thousand more ICT visas.

Vince is either making lots of bucks out of this or he is just another educated idiot, ripe for the picking. However, I don't believe he is too stupid as he has been told of this scam and presented with evidence many times over. That only leaves the former then....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            SC Cleared too! £150 a day!!

Leeds, United Kingdom, £150 - £160 per Day
            Contract
            I was getting that plus expenses in Leeds in 1986.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post

These Indian companies don't actually want you to apply, that is why the rate is so low. They simply advertise stupid rates so that when they don't get a response, they can run to their intellectually challenged buddy Vince Cable and beg for a few hundred thousand more ICT visas.

Vince is either making lots of bucks out of this or he is just another educated idiot, ripe for the picking. However, I don't believe he is too stupid as he has been told of this scam and presented with evidence many times over. That only leaves the former then....
              WTS +100
              one day at a time

Comment

I got an email earlier regarding a 1 hour long SC contract.

Dear All,

I currently have an URGENT role for an SC cleared engineer tonight based
                in Aberdeen.

The role will start at 6pm and finish at 7pm (just the hour), however
                will get paid for 5.6hours + mileage at 20p per mile after the first 40
                miles each way.
                No bollox!
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

No way! they also advertise in my beloved fair Homeland. Must stop this abomination.
                  If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

These are SC roles tho, ICT won't work here. Here's another, same location, Tester, SC again;

Tester, Test Consultant, Test Analyst
                    Leeds, West Yorkshire, £160 - £161 per day
                    Contract

Tester, Test, Test Analyst, Unix,
                    I am searching for a Network Tester
                    Expert in Unix based systems. Preferably technical architect or sys admin for Solaris/Linux solution and experience building, configuring and running an enterprise solution. Oracle and SQL Server experince. 4 or more years commercial development or support experience. In depth network experience, preferably Cisco certified. Development - 4 or more years commercial development in one or more of the following language Java, C, C++, C#, Perl or Python. Experience of very large IT projects. Security clearance - Must be security cleared or eligible for security clearance (not just basic clearance). If interested in this role please send me your CV ASAP.

This role is paying a maximum of £160pd.

Industry
                    IT
                    Start Date
                    ASAP
                    Duration
                    6 Months +
                    Rate
                    £160 - £161 per day
                    Employment Business
                    Bright Purple Resourcing
                    Contact
                    Sanjay Joshi
                    Email
                    Contact This Employment Business
                    Reference
                    JS-JSTESTN
                    Posted Date
                    29/03/2012 10:20:28
                    Tester, Test Consultant, Test Analyst job - Leeds West Yorkshire - March-29-2012 (CxPCH)

Comment

Working...
                    X