• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nasty Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasty Contractors

Has anybody every worked with really nasty, unfriendly contractors? I have worked at several places both as a permie and now contracting and have never had any issues with any of the people working around me. This time round there is this really nasty and unfriendly contractor who doesn't speak or communicate with anybody and is just plain rude. The first few days I made an effort to talk and communicate but have now given myself the challenge to see how long I can avoid talking to them......

Feel like smashing the person against the wall....

You working with MF?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      unfriendly contractor
      one day at a time

Comment

Yes, I've met a few but haven't found that they are in the main, mostly colleagues have been of similar mind.

What does surprise me however, is that they actulally get roles in the first place and then stay in them. I guess it's gotta be a mix of tech expertise and client laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          You working with MF?
          I'm lovely to work with.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Wierd yes, nasty no*. I have met and worked with some exceptionally nasty permies and customers over the years.

*in RL - there are four or five pieces of work on here.

Comment

Feel like smashing the person against the wall....
              Have you considered they might have personal issues? Me neither - just go and thump em.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I'm lovely to work with.
                I heard MF had retired on the back of the 30% profit he is going to make from ....... first class stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  Are you Male or Female? As it happens the person next to me is the first female techie contractor I have worked with (worked with loads of female contractors and permie techies but not techie contractor). I wonder if that's anything to do with it....

I have managed to go a full 24 hours without even looking or talking to her. I am hoping to do it for the whole time she is here...

Comment

Are you Male or Female? As it happens the person next to me is the first female techie contractor I have worked with (worked with loads of female contractors and permie techies but not techie contractor). I wonder if that's anything to do with it....

I have managed to go a full 24 hours without even looking or talking to her. I am hoping to do it for the whole time she is here...
                    Not a looker then?

Comment

Working...
                    X