• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English riots - the real reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English riots - the real reason

Verdict on UK riots: people need a 'stake in society', says report | UK news | The Guardian

Verdict on UK riots: people need a 'stake in society', says reportPanel concludes that riots were fuelled by a lack of opportunities for young people, poor parenting and suspicion of the police.

The riot panel has no clue. The real reason is the sidelining of fathers within family life - supported by a family court system which would not be out of place in North Korea. DC and his "feckless fathers" comment does not help.

Time to move to Asia.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Time to move to Asia.
    North Korea?

Comment

The riot panel has no clue. The real reason is the sidelining of fathers within family life - supported by a family court system which would not be out of place in North Korea. DC and his "feckless fathers" comment does not help.

Time to move to Asia.
      Already done.
      Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
        Already done.

Can we ask which bit of Asia? How long have you been there? Any disadvantages or all a +ve move?

Comment

Sidelined or just absent?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Verdict on UK riots: people need a 'stake in society', says report | UK news | The Guardian

Verdict on UK riots: people need a 'stake in society', says reportPanel concludes that riots were fuelled by a lack of opportunities for young people, poor parenting and suspicion of the police.

Time to move to Asia.
            No. Some people in society need to be staked out.

Watch the police documentaries on TV and you'll see the total disregard for law and order and the total disrespect for it by todays younger generations.

Being tazered in the face every time they disrespect people would help to teach our younger generations some respect for the law and society.

Yes I'm well known for my moderate views
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Watch the police documentaries on TV and you'll see the total disregard for law and order and the total disrespect for it by todays younger generations.

Being tazered in the face every time they disrespect people would help to teach our younger generations some respect for the law and society.

How's your liberal brother, Genghis?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                How's your liberal brother, Genghis?
                Hiya ya mutt

Ps. I'm buying a 3.0 Audi A6 Quatro (Allroad)

I've decided to go green and get rid of the Nissan 4x4: rolleyes:
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

I think the young people have learned from the behaviour of parliament where there is no father figure to put them straight.

I would like all MPs who defraud their expenses to be tazered in the face. Though I am sure it would be hard to find volunteers to do the tazering.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Sidelined or just absent?
                    Good point. I should have said absent. I don't think there is any evidence of fathers doing less generally.

Comment

Working...
                    X