• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't want to sound like an unsympathetic sexist git......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to sound like an unsympathetic sexist git......

But why should we pick up the tab for repair and replacement of some bint's privately purchased self-mutilation?

For what it's worth; I have the same view on tatoo removal on the NHS.

You put it there - you sort it out.

Context?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think he's refering to the cheap breast implants some women have had, that have since proved to rather hazardous to their health
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Context?
        You struggle without a link to the Daily Mail then huh??
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          But why should we pick up the tab for repair and replacement of some bint's privately purchased self-mutilation?
          I say make the Frogs pay. It was their fook-up anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            I think he's refering to the cheap breast implants some women have had, that have since proved to rather hazardous to their health
            Aren't they planning to pay for removal but not new implants?

IMO it should only be paid for if medically essential. Like it or not, if you go private and end up in intensive care then you go straight to NHS. Morally quite wrong, but those are the rules. The breast implant thing is just an extension of that.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You struggle without a link to the Daily Mail then huh??
              You know that is an automatic 5 day ban - if its just your first mod insult?

Comment

Pay for someones vanity? Balls to that, more pressing issues...

Comment

I agree with OP but how far do you take it?

Tell people who smoke, eat too much etc that they made themselves unwell and refuse treatment?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I agree with OP but how far do you take it?

Tell people who smoke, eat too much etc that they made themselves unwell and refuse treatment?
                    Good point - not that that far (and not because I smoke, eat too much etc) - I would draw the line at - cosmetic repairs - i.e. any repairs to cosmetic stuff including tatoos not needed for (physical) medical reasons.

As for removing these froggie falsies - it seems far from clear that they they are actually that dodgy. I would have thought it's safer to leave 'em where they are rather than risk going under the knife again. The again, I simply don't get the attraction of false norks for the recipient or anyone else.
                    (NB I am not a doctor, accountant etc)

Comment

Working...
                    X