• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The coalition are doing a great job on growth.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coalition are doing a great job on growth.

Since the Chancellor took over in mid 2010, there has been 0.6pc growth - less than the growth in the last quarter Labour were in power.

Way to go George.

And you believe government can actually do anything in the tail end of the biggest worldwide slump since the 30s? Cretin.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

So Brown was blameless after all!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Considering the horrible economic circumstances Brown's government was one of the wisest in UK recent history.
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
          Considering the horrible economic circumstances Brown's government was one of the wisest in UK recent history.
          Very valid point. I actually believe Gordon Brown was one of the smartest and hardest working Chancellor/Prime Ministers we have had. I also think he was the most genuine. It was the severe lack of charisma and personal issues with other politicians which let him down. The ironic thing was the whole Biggoted woman in lancashire scandal actually made me respect him more.

Comment

my ass still smarts from his involvement

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              And you believe government can actually do anything in the tail end of the biggest worldwide slump since the 30s? Cretin.
              The US had growth, or does that not count in sasguru world?

I'm sure the tories will still be wheeling out the "It's all labour fault" excuse after 5 years in power and less growth than the hair on SasGurus baldy head.
              Last edited by russell; 28 March 2012, 14:15.

Comment

How about cutting red tape and corporation tax?

Comment

Well they generally claim to be doing something so it makes sense to judge their claims, does it not?

Personally I'm of the opinion that global macroeconomics is more akin to the weather. One can forecast it to some extent but only crackpots and charlatans claim to have power over it.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    How about cutting red tape and corporation tax?
                    Red tape isn't cut, and corp tax cut was balanced by removal of annual allowance - the main beneficiaries of corp tax cut will be big companies, well those of them who choose to pay taxes in UK.

Overall the Govt is all talk, pretending to have tough cuts strategy to bluff the markets whilst printing money to make up for investor interest in low yield gilts.

Comment

Working...
                    X