• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrrrr

just tried to cancel my 1mth rolling contract with my freephone number provider. I'm then told that I'm in a 12mth contract. Apparently in my first invoice they advise me it was changing. Actually, in plain text, nothing highlighted and at the foot of the email, there was this:

If you have already received this email, please disregard it.

Dolphin Customer Services.

This account is subject to Dolphin Com Ltd`s standard terms of business which are available online or upon written request.
    Please Note important changes were made to these terms and conditions on 14 November 2011.
    I accept the clause:

Dolphin reserves the right to change the provider of the Services to it at any time; further more Dolphin reserves the right to change the terms & conditions at its sole discretion by giving the Customer no less than 14 days notice (usually on the front page of the invoice or on the web site Inbound Call and Telephone Answering Service | Virtual Assistant Services | Call Ready).
    But i dont agree they made any real effort to notify me. is the above clear??

What really miffs me is that is £5pm and I'm now tied in.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Ofcom | Can a telecoms provider change the terms of your contract?

You should be able to argue your way out of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
      Ofcom | Can a telecoms provider change the terms of your contract?

You should be able to argue your way out of this one.
      nice one, was threatening trading standards, but lets see where this goes
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
      X