• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Don't say you weren't warned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Don't say you weren't warned

People like paying tax says Bliar

Get ready for the issue of little red books of Bliarisms

We've already discussed that this Halpern is a complete fsckwit.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Mr Halpern, who works in the Prime Minister's strategy unit, said that people are unhappy if they see others earning more than them. He argues if we want a happier society the Government should reduce the gap between rich and poor.
      The guy is probably correct on the first bit BUT I reckon the Government should be trying to make as many people as possible "unhappy" by encouraging people to get out there and earn a living!

Mailman

Comment

No, the first bit is the sin of avarice, and such people should be punished for their greed.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

He is 100% right, I love working just so i can hand over the majority of the payments for my efforts to the goverment, so they can spend it on keeping lazy sods on their ass's at home, start stupid wars all over the world, close hospital's, underfund schools and give give "grace and favor" mansions to various politicians that do nothing to deserve it, while they try to figure out ways to do me out of a job by getting the entire country to outsource everything to India so that i can also be be a sod sitting on his ass at home.

I also enjoy being gang raped by rabid elephants but that another matter entirely

>>>
          >>>>>
          >>>>>>

Actually in truth i probably would not mind (could never say it would make me "happy" though) paying tax's so much if i had sence that i was getting even the tinyest bit of "value for money" fat chance of that in the modern world though

Comment

PAYING taxes contributes to the well-being of the country and can make people happy, an aide to Tony Blair has claimed. Mr Halpern, who works in the Prime Minister's strategy unit, said that people are unhappy if they see others earning more than them. He argues if we want a happier society the Government should reduce the gap between rich and poor.

His arguments, made on a BBC2 programme, prompted an outcry from anti-tax campaigners who accused Labour of becoming increasingly out of touch.
            Two things. Is this the man who emailed Tony and his inner circle that the local elections went badly because people love him so much, and are afraid that he will leave them? "The view from the bunker" as Cameron called it.

Secondly, Labour are obviously rattled by Cameron's "be happy" policies, and thought they'd copy the idea. Except that when they copy something they usually feck it up, and this is no exception.

Comment

I have alway been anti the Iraqi war, but at last I see the error of my ways. There is a justification for our invasion. Today the bastards failed yet again to blow the bastard to smithereens.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What happens if everyone resigns from their jobs or refuses to work for a week?
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                  What happens if everyone resigns from their jobs or refuses to work for a week?
                  some councils have done that, and nobody noticed
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                  X