• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear

Just had a diagnosis on my knee after I had an MRI last week. Thought I had torn the cartilage but turns out I have ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    Just had a diagnosis on my knee after I had an MRI last week. Thought I had torn the cartilage but turns out I have ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
    WGAS

Comment

Ouch. Friend did the same, just had the op to fix it.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        WGAS
        I do.

Comment

fook!

How do they fix it?

Ignore russell.

Comment

ACL rebuild, I had one in 92. Takes a while to rehabilitate, but I was back playing sport in 7 months, and fully operational after about 9 months. Probably much quicker rehab now, but watch out for your leg as it will quickly look like a chickens. Takes a while to build up the muscle after.

Good luck, it's not all bad mind, especially as you didn't know it was a ACL injury, as a bad one would have you rendered very poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
              ACL rebuild, I had one in 92. Takes a while to rehabilitate, but I was back playing sport in 7 months, and fully operational after about 9 months. Probably much quicker rehab now, but watch out for your leg as it will quickly look like a chickens. Takes a while to build up the muscle after.

Good luck, it's not all bad mind, especially as you didn't know it was a ACL injury, as a bad one would have you rendered very poorly.
              Rehab is just as long now apparently. I have actually had 3 different diagnoses and it was very bad when I hurt it back in November. I have modified my exercise to get round the problem of instability and pain and built up a lot of muscle strength to compensate. I have a lot of activity planned this year so surgery will have to wait till Autumn/Winter

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                fook!

How do they fix it?

Ignore russell.
                Russell can suck my cock...

Comment

Now Brillopad and his new boyfriend will come galloping in.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No thanks, were not homophobic here but that's a bit forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X