• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong

Moved from Android HTC Desire to iPhone 4s and the difference is astounding. I previously was in the Android camp, but there is no comparison I'm afraid. The iPhone 4s is the best product I have ever owned, period. I used to have a charger at work and in the car as the battery life on the Desire was pathetic, and I had to switch off wireless and GPS to preserve the life more. With iPhone it last all day with everything on.

My only gripe is there is no inbuilt SatNav app like the Google one on android. Can anyone recommend one, don't mind paying a bit?

I'm with Android (phone and tab). Tell "the man" to shove their corporate logos....
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      I'm with Android (phone and tab). Tell "the man" to shove their corporate logos....
      Eh? Who makes your phone hardware, charities?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Moved from Android HTC Desire to iPhone 4s and the difference is astounding. I previously was in the Android camp, but there is no comparison I'm afraid. The iPhone 4s is the best product I have ever owned, period. I used to have a charger at work and in the car as the battery life on the Desire was pathetic, and I had to switch off wireless and GPS to preserve the life more. With iPhone it last all day with everything on.

My only gripe is there is no inbuilt SatNav app like the Google one on android. Can anyone recommend one, don't mind paying a bit?
        Navfree (free) but slightly lacking, and TomTom (not free) but looks very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Navfree (free) but slightly lacking, and TomTom (not free) but looks very nice.
          Thanks stek, tomtom is £40 wondering if its worth it.

Comment

Thanks stek, tomtom is £40 wondering if its worth it.
            How much do you spend on fuel when you get lost?

Comment

I've got an iPod Touch, which is excellent, but the screen is too small and it lacks GPS hardware and has a tulipe camera. Superseded by the Samsung Galaxy WiFi.

Pros of the Touch are that it "just works", quality almost unbeatable. Cons: limited functionality

Android gives more flexibility, but I wonder about reliability and catching some software trojan. Quality isn't the same. Haven't used my Touch much since I bought the Galaxy though.

Comment

Can anyone recommend one, don't mind paying a bit?
                I've seen Navigon in action, very impressive.

Comment

Q. Can you use the phone outside city centres?
                  Ans. Not often.
                  Q. How long is the battery life?
                  Ans. About 8 hours.

What is the point?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

CPilot was great when we used it a year ago.

Apps with Maps: 11 iPhone GPS apps compared | Macworld
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X