• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding The Copyright Holder Of An Image

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding The Copyright Holder Of An Image

Just been talking to the people at Plan B and at the moment they are using an image which they have found online, is there any way to find out who the copy right holder is as the image appears to be all over the net so I am trying to find out if they have permission to use it or not on a website.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

It's provided as free download here but you need to read their disclaimer:

http://www.clker.com/clipart-95186.html
    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 March 2012, 14:29.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

School image - vector clip art online, royalty free & public domain
      That is very cool!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

School image - vector clip art online, royalty free & public domain
        By that logic I could up load any picture to the site, doesn't mean the copy right holder has given permission, especially seeing as some of the websites using the image have done so since 2009 but they have only added it to that site in 2011.

I think I might just get one commissioned so I know its kosher to use it.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As somebody posted on CUK once, even using an image you have purchased is not proof against being pursued by the real owner. However, if it is an image everyone is using and they have not been done for it the chances seem very small. Of course you could check the umpteen pages of google image search to see if the real owner is there.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 29 March 2012, 15:19.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Download the image and check for meta tags, there might be something useful there
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Rightmouse click. Properties.

Next!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X