• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do I always get a desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I always get a desk

at clientco near the blinkin annoying women who around this time of day emerge from the bogs reeking of the foul stench of a Bratislavan Chemical factory, having emptied half a can of that special body spray that smells like a cross between formaldehyde and fly spray all over their fetid bodies?

And whilst we are about it, what twunt made saying "bye" the absolute maximum number of times at the end of a phone call into a flipin compulsory contest?

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    at clientco near the blinkin annoying women who around this time of day emerge from the bogs reeking of the foul stench of a Bratislavan Chemical factory, having emptied half a can of that special body spray that smells like a cross between formaldehyde and fly spray all over their fetid bodies?

And whilst we are about it, what twunt made saying "bye" the absolute maximum number of times at the end of a phone call into a flipin compulsory contest?
    I may be a fella, but even I can tell you're upset about something. Have you got the decorators in?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      I may be a fella, but even I can tell you're upset about something. Have you got the decorators in?
      All I can hear is 'blah blah blah, smell, blah blah blah, toilet lid up'
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

saying "bye" the absolute maximum number of times at the end of a phone call
        The missus does that, it must be a woman's thing. Men start a conversation with a grunt and end with a grunt. REAL MEN say nothing in between. (Unless it's a grunt)
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          The missus does that, it must be a woman's thing. Men start a conversation with a grunt and end with a grunt. REAL MEN say nothing in between. (Unless it's a grunt)
          I know some guys (pimps) who do that as well and or some reason their voice goes up an octave when they do it.

I find the women who do the same bleedin' irritating.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

Hi.

Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...

You still here?

Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            Bye...
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

They're spraying perfume coz they think you smell of poo but don't want to tell you...

Tone

Comment

It could be worse, you could have worked at this IT deparment
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                  They're spraying perfume coz they think you smell of poo but don't want to tell you...

Tone
                  So now the place stinks of poo and their foul bodyspray - errghhh.

Comment

Just be glad you got a desk. At my second contract they didn't get me a desk until the third week, and then I had to stand there watching the project manager unpack it, try to decipher the instructions, and assemble the damn thing

I was quite pleased that they managed to get a computer to go with it just before I headed back to my hotel at teatime

Comment

Working...
                    X