• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will they get me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they get me

Consider this scenario…

I was with an umbrella company getting paid PAYE. I got a new contract and decided to try another "Large" umbrella co using their composite scheme paying minimum wage and dividends. After starting this new contract, IR wrote saying I no longer needed to fill in a tax return.
    Just before the end of the tax year, I switched to another umbrella paying PAYE.

What do you reckon the chances are of the IR wanting their cut of the 11 months dividends while I was with the "Large" composite scheme ???

Was any tax due or not?

Remember, it's your legal responsibility to tell the tax man that tax was due, not for him to ask you whether any was due.

Comment

Originally posted by IR_Avoided??
      After starting this new contract, IR wrote saying I no longer needed to fill in a tax return.
      Unless your circumstances change !!! Picture a small room with a bucket for you to pniss in and then workout if it's worth it.

Comment

Minimal, what the IR don't know won't hurt them. As other posters have shown, 'trying to be helpful', 'informing the IR', and being 'up front' with them can only cause you serious distress.

The main problem is they expect, and all their systems are designed with such an expectation in mind, that we're all tax evading scum. Step outside of this and you basically fsck up their systems, and they will punish you for it. Severely.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X