• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Thread

So what's the plan?

We're not doing much this weekend. I'm picking my wife's MG TF up tomorrow from the dealer's where it's had a new door handle fitted (I could have done it myself but it needed spraying). It's up for sale so I'm cleaning and polishing it for the photos and ramming it on eBay\Pistonheads etc.

Our gardener is in today putting down 20 bags of compost and a couple of hundred plants so no doubt there'll be some tidying up to do afterwards.

To be honest I really fancy a pint so will try to get to the pub at some stage.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Pub, TEAs 'n' curry tonight. Weekend, as the weather's going to be tulipe, I'll probably have a little more practice in the kitchen and tidy the house.

Boring weekend this time.

I might stalk the neighbour's cat and set some traps for him
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

This weekend excavations and concreting in the garden + maybe some blockwork.

Hopefully it will be dull and overcast, preferably cool.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Friends over from blighty, so doing the tourist trail and eating out lots

Thankfully have refrained from doing any of the touristy things ourselves so it won't be a repeat.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well I had such a fun weekend last week, but this weekend I'll be filling out tax forms.

Maybe I'll right a song about it ....
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Off to Stratford-Upon-Avon to do some Wildlife Photography.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Tomorrow I am traing for iron man - 115 mile bike ride planned.

Sunday we go to the olympic stadium for some NSPCC event.

Comment

Paying a man to come in to compensate for husband's inadequacies in certain departments.

OU assignment due, so need to crack on with that.

Will try and get out on bike, though probably only 10% of Brillo's 115 miles.

Comment

Off for weeks holiday in Yorkshire Dales - really looking forward to it!

Love the Dales - best place in the UK.

Lets hope there is enough petrol left to get there.
                  Beer
                  is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    This weekend excavations and concreting in the garden .

So who upset you to the point of needing “disposal”?
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X