• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our area is so bad even the burglars are rubbish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our area is so bad even the burglars are rubbish

Found we had been burgled today - they left my expensive race bike but nicked the two rubbish bikes.

They found our spare front door key in the shed and tried it in the back door.

Don't they give the kids proper burglar lesons these days?

I have been in touch with my security consultant - the type of guy who keeps a "weapon" in every room. I will be purchasing several legal bits and pieces over the next few days.

And if anyone wants to cheer me up thebn some +ve rep would be nice.......

Comment

I had a bike stolen when I was up at Oxford

I was well p'd off - it was the first vehicle I had ever bought brand spanking new - decided to walk to the newsagent and found that the thieves had chucked it in a hedge, obviously not up to snuff

I was pleased to get my bike back, but my pleasure was tainted with dissappointment that my pride and joy wasn't good enough to steal

[edit]... and sorry for your loss, being burgled is a pain. Scrotes[/edit]

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Found we had been burgled today - they left my expensive race bike but nicked the two rubbish bikes.

They found our spare front door key in the shed and tried it in the back door.

Don't they give the kids proper burglar lesons these days?

I have been in touch with my security consultant - the type of guy who keeps a "weapon" in every room. I will be purchasing several legal bits and pieces over the next few days.
        Nail Boards is wot yer need. 500mm square bits of 12mm ply with several dozen 75mm nails hammered though and laid pointy side up with a piece of thin carpet over the top.
        The daft beggers usually spike themselves in one foot and slam the other one down to lift the spiked one off "Bingo" both feet.
        Simply select a suitable blunt object and follow the bloody trail of footprints to the intended impact area of the blunt object
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

When we first moved in to this house we were burgled a few times by the same guy once he was arrest red handed as he fled from our house.

The last time he came out of prison he ended up doing the wrong house. Baseball bats and knee caps are not a good combination.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Nail Boards is wot yer need. 500mm square bits of 12mm ply with several dozen 75mm nails hammered though and laid pointy side up with a piece of thin carpet over the top.
            The daft beggers usually spike themselves in one foot and slam the other one down to lift the spiked one off "Bingo" both feet.
            Simply select a suitable blunt object and follow the bloody trail of footprints to the intended impact area of the blunt object
            Slight issue there with the children. I didn't tell you - besides my 3 kids my wife childminds for 2 others. The younget one is so careless that he went into a soft play area and came back covered in blood a minute later! He will often get exactly the same bruise doing exactly the same thing week in week out. Actually he should make a good local burglar when he grows up.

Comment

Can't do rep, have a instead
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Can't do rep, have a instead
                I have heard about those Dutch s!

Comment

Slight issue there with the children. I didn't tell you - besides my 3 kids my wife childminds for 2 others. The younget one is so careless that he went into a soft play area and came back covered in blood a minute later! He will often get exactly the same bruise doing exactly the same thing week in week out. Actually he should make a good local burglar when he grows up.
                  >Post Deleted just in case it gave somebody ideas<

I really hate burglars
                  Last edited by Diver; 30 March 2012, 09:33. Reason: Scary Thoughts
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

You are lucky that

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrilloPad again.
                    A whoring for rep is automatic -ve!

On the plus side you are all ok, insurance replaces most things except those that are irreplaceable
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X