PDA

View Full Version : New to this community, pls don't shoot :)

Contract Abseiling Ltd
30th March 2012, 12:56
Hello,

I am spending a few hours a week just doing a little online marketing and I stumbled on this forum. Hope this is a good place to hang :)

<Mod Snip> Not if you're thinking of any online marketing here, CSL. If you want any contracting advice or banter, welcome, otherwise this will be your first and last post. </mod snip>

Mods, if I am breaking any forum rules then please don't hesitate to :ladybags: hehe...

Looking forward to spending time on this forum.

Thanks

CSL.

Contract Abseiling Ltd
30th March 2012, 15:16
OK so welcomes and introduction doesn't go hand in hand here.

Surely a community like this, you would like to know what everyone does as a first step after introducing one's name?

Maybe not then....

oscarose
30th March 2012, 15:18
Hello,

I am spending a few hours a week just doing a little online marketing and I stumbled on this forum. Hope this is a good place to hang :)

<Mod Snip> Not if you're thinking of any online marketing here, CSL. If you want any contracting advice or banter, welcome, otherwise this will be your first and last post. </mod snip>

Mods, if I am breaking any forum rules then please don't hesitate to :ladybags: hehe...

Looking forward to spending time on this forum.

Thanks

CSL.

:wave:

cojak
30th March 2012, 15:26
Hey, we're IT contractors, we do have a vague idea of how google and SEO works. We don't have much use for egg pinchers and window cleaners. :)

But please feel free to try Mumsnet with that approach and see how far it gets you.

(Oh and :wave: btw).

chef
30th March 2012, 15:45
<in an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting stylee>
Hello, my name's Chef and feel it's about time I shared with the group. I've been a contractor now for over 10 years. It started back when the dotcom boom hadn't yet boomed and gradually progressed to the state I'm in now.

I pimp myself out to large multinationals for money, this is my driving force, money, there I said it. I feel dirty but unashamed.

I distrust agents, find it hard to have my family/friends accept the fact that it is a real job and my goal is that one day, hopefully I'll be able to have a better quality of life, retire early and on the way sample fine things.

</ aa meeting stylee>

Contract Abseiling Ltd
30th March 2012, 16:28
Great stuff. Glad you all got work because another reason why I joined was to source an IT manager to help set up the IT infrastructure between two of my businesses.

Thanks.

chef
30th March 2012, 16:34
Great stuff. Glad you all got work because another reason why I joined was to source an IT manager to help set up the IT infrastructure between two of my businesses.

Thanks.

location?, required skills?, length of contract?, approx rate?

cojak
30th March 2012, 16:42

Thanks.

Now yer talking! :laugh

MarillionFan
30th March 2012, 16:50

Thanks.

Cool. Do I need to bring my own ropes or do you provide them?

mos
30th March 2012, 16:59
<in an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting stylee>
Hello, my name's Chef and feel it's about time I shared with the group.

I pimp myself out to large multinationals for money, this is my driving force, money, there I said it. I feel dirty but unashamed.

</ aa meeting stylee>

:wave: :rollin:

cojak
30th March 2012, 17:09
Cool. Do I need to bring my own ropes or do you provide them?

:laugh

Contract Abseiling Ltd
30th March 2012, 18:27
Moderators of a forum exceeding their PM quota whilst online...tsk tsk...

Either very popular or just too damn lazy and disorganised.

cojak
30th March 2012, 21:07
Popular and busy. Paying contracts always come first... ;)

Sorted now though.

Contract Abseiling Ltd
31st March 2012, 10:52
You have PM.
Vacancy now advertised on totaljobs.com

cojak
1st April 2012, 08:18
Good luck :)