• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sterling Info Systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterling Info Systems

This company does my reference checks but the information which I found on them is very worrying. Anyone else had to go through Sterling ?

This company is being used by a potential employer for me...BUT none of my references can understand a word they say. It is like some crazy call center too and when you do call back you have select why you are calling them....when they called you in the first place. I told all of my references that a company would be calling them for a background verification - no one can understand a word they say and if they call and do not get the person they call back repeatedly within the course of an hour. My references do not want to talk to these people.
    and another one ...

We have received a call from this number two times for an employed who has never worked at our office. The lady (foreign accent) then wanted to know my information....last name, job title. What is this company??? This call goes down on our books as weird call of the year.
    Last edited by mos; 31 March 2012, 11:04.
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Ah yes, Sterling... good luck

Did the smallprint you had to sign say that the Data Protection Act won't apply as they will process your (very confidential) data outside the EU, so hopefully the data won't be sold on afterwards.

The problem is in the current marketplace, ClientCo's don't give too much care as to how much of a pain the process is. If you kick up a fuss, they just suspect you have something to hide.

Only when a significant number of people start pulling out of the process - citing what complete twunts these - and other screening providers are - will they start putting real pressure on screening providers to deliver a decent service.
    Last edited by centurian; 31 March 2012, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
      Ah yes, Sterling... good luck

Did the smallprint you had to sign say that the Data Protection Act won't apply as they will process your (very confidential) data outside the EU, so hopefully the data won't be sold on afterwards.
      If you kick up a fuss, they just suspect you have something to hide.
      I have just written to the agency asking them to appoint vetting company which will process my application in compliance with DPA. Hope it will not cost me the contract ....
      Last edited by mos; 31 March 2012, 12:05.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
      X