• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MarillionFan is alright really

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarillionFan is alright really

I think it's time something was said about this. There's quite a few people on here who seem to dislike MF for some reason, and in fact this has got worse lately. Quite a few are jealous of his rep position, and seem desperate to overhaul him. Even I was guilty of posting a derogatory video about him, comparing him to Hitler. He's been through some rough scrapes lately, including a brush with potential bench time. And let's face it, some of his posts are actually quite funny. I've even got a couple of positive reps from him lately.

At the end of the day, we are all just posters on an IT forum, which for all intense purposes makes us all equal. So I say it's time to lay off MF for a bit, and give him the respect he deserves.

Whilst I'm at it, why is everyone so down on Sasguru as well? Granted his posts may be a bit snide on occasion, but he's clearly made a lot of money for himself, so he must be alright. Why not give him a break too?
    Last edited by Freamon; 1 April 2012, 07:54.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    I think it's time something was said about this. There's quite a few people on here who seem to dislike MF for some reason, and in fact this has got worse lately. Quite a few are jealous of his rep position, and seem desperate to overhaul him. Even I was guilty of posting a derogatory video about him, comparing him to Hitler. He's been through some rough scrapes lately, including a brush with potential bench time. And let's face it, some of his posts are actually quite funny. I've even got a couple of positive reps from him lately.

At the end of the day, we are all just posters on an IT forum, which for all intense purposes makes us all equal. So I say it's time to lay off MF for a bit, and give him the respect he deserves.

Whilst I'm at it, why is everyone so down on Sasguru as well? Granted his posts may be a bit snide on occasion, but he's clearly made a lot of money for himself, so he must be alright. Why not give him a break too?
    Uh! Oh! April 1st isn't it
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Irony? Is this your spoof of the ironing thread?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Irony? Is this your spoof of the ironing thread?
        Irony?

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I'd like to agree with the OP and say that we are equal but were not. I am clearly more equal than the rest of you. I'd suppose I'd better start a thread to explain why.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

nice one Morgan.

But it's after twelve now, so you can get the bazooka out again

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              nice one Lester.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post

Arm or Leg?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Arm or Leg?
                  I was going to say spine, but I'm not sure he has one.

Comment

Just a reminder of the video http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1498012 . If I were Admin I would have given you 10k rep points for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X