• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking tax

'Tax' on workplace car parks begins - Telegraph

Nottingham City Council, which is running the scheme, said it will help fund major transport improvements in the area.

But the AA dubbed the scheme ''a tax on work'' which would damage local businesses and employees.

Known officially as a Workplace Parking Levy (WPL), the scheme requires companies in the city of Nottingham to pay an annual fee of £288 for each parking space on offer to employees if more than 10 spaces are provided.

Companies with 10 or fewer places and emergency services do not have to pay any charge but do need to be licensed under the WPL scheme.

How about a tax everytime you turn the steering wheel left or right?

I have invented a flying car so shall just leave it hovering 10ft up to avoid this tax.

threaded
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I have invented a flying car so shall just leave it hovering 10ft up to avoid this tax.

threaded
      If he fits his flux capacitor to it he could park it 8 hours into the future and just pick it up when he finishes work

Comment

Threaded hasn't updated his blog since Nov 2011. I suspect he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Threaded hasn't updated his blog since Nov 2011. I suspect he's stuck in 1955.
          FTFY

Comment

Boots were considering avoiding this:
            Boots 'outraged' by workplace parking levy

No doubt Gideon would have found this morally repugnant and stop buying his lunch there.

Comment

Do business rates cover the land taken up by car-parks, given that the car-park is often more/comparable square-footage than the building it serves?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post

No doubt Gideon would have found this morally repugnant and stop buying his lunch there.
                They didn't IIRC employees wound up paying. I also seem to recall this was originally a fatso(as he then was) Lawson idea that got shelved.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Threaded hasn't updated his blog since Nov 2011. I suspect he's dead.
                  Wouldn't be surprised - He always claimed Dutch motorists were all on a mission to knock him off his bike.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post

Have you seen how big the Boots site is? It has its own fire station FFS.

Boots, Nottingham - Google Maps

Comment

Working...
                    X